Eleven

Cassandra's POV

The door opened and Ella stepped in with a tray having my breakfast. We have been friends from a few days and sometimes, when she has no work we have breakfast together.

"Morning, Ella." I smiled. She nodded and placed the tray on the table, ready to run out of the room. I grabbed her hand, pulling her back. "What's wrong?" I asked, frowning. She was still staring down at the ground. Sighing, I lifted her chin up and frowned at the tears in her eyes.

"Ella... What happened?" I asked, softly, surprised at my own tone. She sniffed a little before starting to sob.

"I don't wanna die." She said, sniffling again. I pulled her in my arms and rubbed her back, soothingly.

"You are not gonna die, okay? I won't let the only person that doesn't annoys me die." I joked. She chuckled through her sobs and wiped her tears. "Tell me what happened."

"I..found my m-mate." She stuttered.

"But that should be a good thing."

"No. He's an Alpha. People will kill me if they found out I'm mates with an Alpha." She said, crying again. This situation reminds me of the story of Alora's church.

"If he's your mate truly, he'll accept you. You don't have to be worried about that and times have changed. People don't believe in such stuff. Your mate can be anyone, the difference between your ranks doesn't matter." I said, hugging her close.

"Thank you, Ms Cassandra." She said and pulled back.

"It's fine." I smiled.

Suddenly, mom's words rang inside my head.

'When you're out there and find the truth about yourself, accept it.'

She knew. She always knew.

_

I was walking down the hallway of the castle to get out of here and walk around the yards for some time when I bumped into a hard chest.

"Sorr—" I was about to say but stopped when I looked up and saw who it was.

Jared.

"Cassandra. How are you doing?" He asked, clearing his throat.

"Was good until you showed up." I said. His eyes softened and he looked hurt, for sure.

Well, that's what you get for making my mom's life a hell.

I stepped ahead to walk out but his voice stopped me again.

"Can we talk?" He asked.

"No." I deadpanned and walked away.

I haven't seen Darius since morning. After last night, we cuddled together on the floor and dozed off. When I woke up, I found myself on the bed, all alone.

As I stepped out of the castle, I saw grey smoke rising in front of me. I smiled as Gideon popped out of it.

"Luna." He smiled and stepped forward, hugging me. "Where's Darius?" He pulled back.

"I don't know." I shrugged. He chuckled in a knowing way.

"Okay then. I have been thinking about what the hunters and rogues are up to so I'm gonna check on that." He said. "Would you like to join me?"

"Of course." He took my hand and waved his wand again, surrounding us with the grey smoke. I closed my eyes, waiting for the magic to happen.

And when I opened them, I was in front of a well.