XIV

The Air France flight landed in Paris at 8 in the evening. From the airport, everyone went to the hotel that was booked for them. Avira was really exhausted because of the travel and slept just after having dinner. The next two days, Avira and her team were working, so Ashar stayed back at the hotel alone and watched movies.

The third day in Paris was when the show was going to happen. Avira had left early, so Ashar got dressed in a black and white formal suit and reached the venue a few minutes before the show was supposed to start. Avira was backstage with her team and the models, but she had given Ashar a premium pass to sit in the front row.

Ashar texted Avira telling her that he had reached and she replied with a red heart emoji. He was checking his emails when someone sat in the chair beside him. Subconsciously his eyes looked up, and he found a young woman. She looked Indian. She caught his eye and gave him a sweet smile.

"Hi," She said.

Ashar awkwardly smiled back. "Hey."

"Indian?" She asked. He nodded.

"Me too. I am Saira." She forwarded her hand towards him.

He didn't want to be rude so he shook hands with her.

She looked like she was about to say something, but the lights dimmed a bit and the show started. The first model walked onto the stage and showed off the outfit she was wearing. Ashar's entire concentration was on the dresses, and he recognized most of them as Avira had shown him those designs.

"The show is really good, right?" The woman, Saira, spoke to him again.

He hummed in response as he was too preoccupied watching the show to reply to her.

After the last model finished her walk, the host announced Antara's name as the designer and she walked on along with the showstopper.

Antara gave a small speech and thanked everyone for coming before the show came to an end. Ashar knew it would take Avira a few minutes to come out so he decided to go to the bar that was in one corner. He gave another formal smile to Saira before walking off towards the bar.

"Do you have any non-alcoholic drink?" Ashar asked the bartender.

"Yes, sir. We have a virgin bloody mary." He replied.

Ashar ordered that and sat on the bar stool. As the bartender served him his drink, Saira came there and sat on the stool next to him.

"I'd have a whiskey on the rocks." She ordered and then looked at Ashar.

He was getting a little uncomfortable now. He didn't know what she wanted.

"You never told me your name." She spoke to Ashar.

He sipped his drink. "Ashar Syed."

The bartender put the whiskey glass in front of Saira. "So, Mr Syed, since you'd not been getting my hints, I'd ask you directly. Would you like to go out with me?"

Ashar choked on his drink. Never in his entire life he'd met a woman who'd been this direct with him.

He coughed a little and then cleared his throat. "Saira, I'm sure you're an amazing woman, but umm, I'm married."

Saira's expression changed into surprise. "Oh, I'm sorry I didn't know."

"Yeah," He so wanted to get away from there and luckily his eyes fell on Avira who had just come from backstage. She was looking around for him.

Ashar excused himself and went to his wife.

"There you are," She exclaimed as soon as she saw him. "How was it?"