VII

After having dinner, everyone started to disperse into their respective bedrooms.

"Chachi, why are you sitting here?" Ahad asked Shaheen when he saw her settling on the couch in the living room.

"I'm waiting for Seher to come back." Shaheen replied.

Ahad checked the time. It was 11:17 pm.

"It is late. You should go to bed, I'll wait for her." Ahad said with care.

"Are you sure?"

"Yes."

Shaheen got up and patted Ahad's head in a loving manner. "She should be back by 12. But if she isn't, call her." With that, she padded off to her bedroom.

Ahad brought his laptop from his room, slid off his slippers and got comfortable on the couch.

For the next one hour, he only focused on his work. When finally he checked the time and saw it was past midnight, his eyebrows creased. Picking up his phone, he called Seher.

It was switched off.

His heart started to race. Putting the laptop on the table, he immediately got to his feet, but before he could take any further steps, a car's honk reached his ears. He rushed out towards the porch only to see an unfamiliar car entering the grounds of the villa. It stopped right in front of the porch and Seher came out after a few seconds. Ahad's eyes scanned her from top to bottom. When he found her absolutely fine, he sighed in relief.

After that, Ahad's attention was captured by the guy who came out of the driver's side.

"Thank you so much for dropping me, Ankit." Seher spoke to him.

He gave him a boyish grin. "It was my pleasure."

His smile was absolutely not liked by Ahad. With a couple of long steps, Ahad reached Seher and wounded his arm around her petite waist.

Seher jumped at the touch and turned, only to find Ahad's face close to her, more close than she'd ever been to him.

"I was waiting for you." He looked into her eyes and said lovingly.

She just stared at him with baffled expressions.

Ahad knew Seher was shocked with his behavior. He himself was. He had never behaved like anything other than an elder cousin to Seher, but today when Zeenat joked about calling him jiju, a hope arose in his heart that said that Seher would say yes.

"I'm sorry, who are you?" Ahad asked while giving a hard look to the other guy.

"I am Ankit, Seher's batchmate." Ankit nervously spoke. Ahad had the kind of personality that made everyone a little conscious.

"Didn't you go with Zeenat?" Ahad asked while again looking at Seher.

When she didn't reply to him, he used his thumb and forefinger to give her a little pinch on her waist.

A gasp left her lips.

"Didn't you go with Zeenat, sweetheart?" He asked again, this time with some more softness in his tone.

"Umm, yeah! She..she had to.." Seher was at a loss of words. Zeenat had to rush to the hospital because her sister had gone into labor, so Seher had asked Ankit to give her a ride back. She wanted to answer the same to Ahad, but her body was not in her control anymore. All she could think about was his hand that was resting on her waist and the way he called her sweetheart. About a million butterflies were dancing in her stomach. What was he doing to her?

Ahad understood her condition and decided to not push her. So he turned towards Ankit. "Thank you for dropping my fiance home."

Ankit nodded, got inside the car and drove off.

"Let's go inside?" Ahad asked Seher while lightly caressing her waist with his fingers. He started guiding her inside, till her bedroom.

"Where is your phone? I tried calling you but it was switched off." He asked her.

"Umm, the battery died." She barely got the words out.

He fake-glared at her. "When will you stop being so irresponsible? You got me worried."

She just opened and shut her mouth.

"Take care next time, okay?" His grip tightened on her a little bit.

She was expecting him to scold her for not charging her phone enough, but he did nothing of that sort. He just gave him a small, but beautiful smile.

"Goodnight." He whispered to her as they reached her room.

He gave her one last look before walking away.

What in the freaking hell just happened in the last ten minutes?

_____________

"Are you sure he called you his fiance? You were not dreaming or something, right?" Zeenat asked for the hundredth time on the phone. She was still in the hospital with her sister and her newly born niece.

It was the morning after the fateful night where Seher got to witness a totally different side of Ahad, the night that she'd spent without a wink of sleep, thinking just about him, and replaying their moment.

"For the love of God, woman, yes! Why would I dream of something like that?" Seher shouted while working her pencil on the portrait of an old man. She had to meet Anita in two days and even though she had a lot of sketches in her collection, she wanted to make some more.

"Maybe because you're dying to marry him, and started daydreaming. Desperate girls often do stuff like these." Zeenat sassed.

Seher made a disgusting face, even though Zeenat couldn't see her. "I'm not dying to marry him. I absolutely do not want to marry him."

"Are you sure?"

Seher wanted to say yes. But the memory of him holding her by her waist, his touch, the feel of his face close to hers came rushing to her mind. And to her utter surprise, she had an uncanny urge to feel that again. She liked being near him. But there was no way she was going to admit that out loud. It was just her hormones reacting since that was the first she'd ever been close to a man. A very delicious looking man.

Shut up Seher, her mind popped in, he is your cousin.

Zeenat broke her chain of thoughts. "I'm waiting."

"Yeah," Seher immediately said, "I'm sure I don't want to marry him."

What she felt yesterday was nothing! Absolutely nothing!

🔸🔸🔸🔸🔸🔸🔸🔸🔸

I love this denial phase of Seher.

So,

Blue lays or Green ones?

Blue for me!