V

"Seher?" Almaas called out.

Seher, who was helping the maids clean the dining table after dinner, looked up.

"Have you seen Ahad?" Almaas asked.

Seher nodded. "I think he got a call. Must be in the backyard."

Almaas looked towards the backyard and sighed. "After he comes back, can you ask him to meet me in my room?"

Seher nodded again. Before Almaas went away, she slightly cupped Seher's left cheek and kissed her forehead.

Seher was confused at the sudden affection, but didn't think too much about it. Almaas had always loved her a little more than the rest of the kids, and Seher enjoyed that.

Seher picked up the leftover food and took it to the kitchen. Then while going to the living room, she saw Ahad coming in from the backyard.

"Ahad bhai, tayi ammi has called you in her room." She spoke.

After that, she came to the living room where the twins, Mahnoor and Zafar were. Aaliya had gone back to her sasural since her husband couldn't stay away from his wife anymore.

"We're watching The Shining." Seher heard Sahil speak.

"We are not!" Came Mahnoor's angry voice. "I want to watch Notting Hill."

Seher watched their fight amusingly and sat beside Shahid. Normally she would take part in deciding the film, but ever since she had come back from the exhibition a few hours ago, she was in a very good mood. And she didn't want to spoil it by fighting with Sahil.

"I'm not watching that ancient romantic crap!" Sahil snapped.

Mahnoor fumed at his cousin and turned towards Zafar.

"No," Sahil hurriedly said, "You're not getting Zafar Bhai's help."

Zafar sighed. "Why do you both always have to fight? Just decide on a movie fast or else I'm going to bed."

Mahnoor glared at Sahil. "Stone-paper-scissors?"

"Fine." Sahil said.

"Stone-paper-scissors," They both chanted and outstretched their right hands. Sahil was holding out the shape of rock, while Mahnoor was holding out scissors.

"Yes," Sahil fisted his left hand and threw it in the air in joy. Mahnoor just silently whined and sat with a thud on the sofa. Zafar lightly chuckled at her irritated expression.

Sahil started the movie and everyone indulged themselves into the world of horror. Sometime in the middle of the movie, Mahnoor had jumped on her seat in fear and hugged the person sitting next to her, who was Zafar.

Sahil, Shahid and Seher laughed a little at her antics, but one glare from Zafar had them shut and focus back on the movie. Mahnoor was still hiding her face in Zafar's muscular chest.

"Are you okay?" He whispered.

She looked up into his eyes and nodded.

"Are you sure? Should I shut the movie?" He asked with a concerned voice.

As much as she would like for the movie to stop, she didn't want to spoil everyone's movie night. So she said no and turned her face to watch the film. But Zafar noticed how she scooted a little closer to him. So to make her feel more comfortable, he threw his arm behind her, on the headrest of the couch. He was not touching her, but he still kind of enveloped her. The heat radiating off from his body was providing a sense of safety to her, and she didn't scare the rest of the movie.