(a sneakpeak of their married life)

I ran to the sitting room as soon as the door opened and slammed  it shut.

Ann slumped on the cushion from the look on her face,I can tell she was angry,before I could ask Ryan came in with Adam carrying Ellie.

"Is everything okay?" I asked looking at them.

"Ann fought at school" Ellie replied.
"Shut the fuck up" Ann glared at her.

"Language..young lady" I pointed at her.

"Is that it?are you gonna pick their sides over us now?your already made family and we're now what?strangers?you don't need us anymore?" Ann demanded.

"Ann,shut it" Adam held her.

"You had a fight at school and I'm supposed to give you a handshake?" Ryan asked.

"It's none of your business on what I do,you're not my father" She rolled her eyes.

"I'm married to your father which makes me your step father..we live under same roof and do everything together,which makes us family"Ryan answered.

" Just shut up already"Ann said.

I looked at her,She was sixteen now and more outspoken.Adam have become more easier to handle.it was like she was purposely trying to make Ryan  angry.she did almost opposite of what he says.

"Do you wanna go over to Jade's for sometime?" I asked.

Yeah, Jade lived alone now.he had visitation rights so the kids go over there on holidays and some weekends.

"Throwing me away it is" she smiled.

"What do you wanna do then?what do you want me to do?" I asked.

She stared at me.i guess it wasn't the reaction she was expecting.

"If you can't respect my husband,it simply means you don't respect or love me too...what do you wanna do?want me to get a divorce?" I asked.

"Dad,what nonsense divorce?" Adam asked.

"What happened at school today?" I asked.

"It's the girls,they..made fun of me" She said in a small voice.

" Why would they make fun of you?"I asked sitting beside her.

" You and...him..."she said in a small voice.
"And fighting can be the only option to stop them?how about you report to your teachers?" I asked.

"Ann has anger management issues,she can't control it especially when it comes to us" Ellie said sitting beside us.

"I'm sorry, Dad,I'm sorry Ryan..I was just being stupid" she looked at her hands.

"You're not stupid,you are fighting for your family even though it's in a wrong way..." Ryan hugged her.

"They were suspended for a week though with community service " Adam said.

"I was given just three days suspension and to write apology letter to the school" Ann rolled her eyes.

"And you're grounded too,a week for fighting" Ryan replied.

"Do you object?" Ellie asked.

"No,I deserve it,I was rude to my family and I also fought.." Ann replied.

"You were angry,it doesn't excuse what you said tho.. I'm never gonna pick sides because there are none..you are all my children and Ryan is the man that I'll be spending the rest of my life with and your father too"I said.

" I'm so sorry Ryan"Ann hugged him back.

" I'm sorry too,I shouldn't have shouted at you but you broke someone's nose and gave another a black eyes"Ryan said.

" What???"I looked at Ann.

" Daddy mine,Ryan didn't even talk about the other one with broken lips"Adam smiled.

I stared at Ann who looked at everywhere except me.

" I'm sorry"She smiled sweetly.
" Okay,let's all kiss and make up,it happens once in a while.. family feuds,what matters it that we make up"Elli said.

" I love you,Ryan,Daddy"Ann drew me into their hug.

" We love you too"Ryan kissed her forehead.

" Let's join"Ellie jumped on us pulling Adam along,we fell in one big tumble laughing.