let's make our marriage work

Ching
My phone chimed and I opened my massage from an unknown number.

Stay away from Jade Stevens he's mine

I blinked several times but the message was still there
Who are you?

I replied.

Someone better than you..who deserves him more

I quickly wore my clothes and tiptoed out of the house.
I didn't know where I was going to buy I left.

I walked and walked until I was tired so I Sat at the park bench and broke down.

I cried till I couldn't cry anymore when I raised my face it was bright.I looked at the park clock.

7:55am
I started walking back to the house.

Anna and Adam was sitting huddled together.they both looked up as soon as I walked in.

"I thought you left us"Ann hugged me crying.

"I will never..I promise..I would never give up on you"I held her.

"Papa is calling"Adam handed me my phone.I didn't want to talk to him but I didn't want to face Ann's questions or Adam's anger.

"Hello"I threaded softly.

"Kyle..how could you put the kids in alarm..you left the house without your phone or anything..you didn't even tell anyone you were leaving..did you know how scared they were?you almost made them relapse..what would you have done if Ann's trauma built up..you should have known better than leave without a note..I mean you've always been so sensible..I almost called the police"he ranted on and on.

I kept quiet and listened to him.

Maybe someone who had a crush on him was threatening me.why now?how did they get my number?was it a man or a woman?was someone after my husband?

The questions built up in my head.

"Papa..calm down..he's back..May be he just went for a run.we panicked senselessly"Adam took the phone from me.I didn't know that while he was talking,I've been shedding tears.

Ann led me to a seat.

"Your dad don't run"I heard jade.
"Call him when you've calmed down..goodbye"Adam cut the call and knelt before me.
I never broke down in their presence before.

"I'm sorry"I tried to smile sniffing.

"Its okay..I feel like going mad too..sometimes..it's good to let it out..men cry too"Ann smiled.

"But you must cry inside the house not outside..it was dangerous"Adam hugged me.

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
I woke up in the afternoon with a heavy headache and my phone was ringing.
"Hello"I said.

"Are you okay now?"jade asked.

"Jade you need to get back here..we need to talk..we need to really have a  long talk..I'm getting these threats..a message to leave you and if you don't come here and explain it to me..I might go crazy"I explained.

"I'll be on the next plane"he cut the call.

I lay back on my bed.

"Hi dad"Ann walked in.
"Get me aspirin and water"I smiled weakly.

After I took the drugs I held Ann's hands.

"I need to talk to your papa and..it will best if you and your brother isn't around.can you do something about it"I smiled.

"Yeah..but I'll need fifty dollars"she pouted sweetly.

"A bribe..wow..who are you and what have you done to my loving daughter"I laughed.

"Nay or yay?"She blinked.
.
"Here's my card..it's unlimited..spend your daddy's money"I smiled.

"Wow..showing off?I'll only spend a fifty..bye"she kissed my forehead and left.

.......
Jade looked at the texts.

"I don't know who this is..I really don't"he said.

Something snapped in my head.
"Can I see your phone?"I took the phone and scrolled through the call logs.

I was right.it was the same unknown number that called him that night.

"You lying cheating bastard"I shouted.

"Calm down"he said.

"Calm down?are you seriously asking me to calm the fucking down?seriously jade..I trusted you..I've done everything..I did everything to make sure.it was only me..it's only me"I yelled.

"Listen..trust me it was only one time..a fling..I didn't do anything with her..I was drunk ..we only danced..that night she called.I went to break things off with her"he said.

"Should I really believe you?I don't know what to believe anymore"I cried.

"We can do this..for the kids..let's make our marriage work..no more travelling..it's just us..let's work together"he hugged me.I nodded and hugged him too.