Potion confession

Forms of people were in blob masses. Mixed, mashed, muddy and colourless. That was all Asta saw through his watery emerald eyes. 

Hobbling around the place until finding his footing on the brown burnt pavement, he staggered around, eyes gazing; disoriented through a crystal pool mass. Mouth wavered, dribbling. He proceeded on drunkenly - the side effects of a poorly performed love potion - towards the crowd that was thinning towards their desired store destinations. Yuno, amidst the thinning crowd, looked around, eyes clipped onto Asta, after discounting the unusual behaviour; wandering aimlessly. He stopped in his tracks as the crowd dispersed further into the centre of the capital where the ash blonde was clearly visible. 

The short boy staggered, knees bending in each step towards Yuno, smiling idiotically as random faint drawls uttered from his mouth. Having been stepping on his own feet close to tripping, he clung onto the only thing that stood right next to him. The soft long fabric from the Vice captain of the Golden Dawn's cape were encompassed in the fists of the groggily faced ash blond. Yuno's eyes widened at the unforeseen circumstances of his situation. Out of all outcomes - if life were a game show - of the randomly chosen situations tallied on a spin wheel that would determine his next pick on a circumstantial situation, this current state would never once be thought. However, the words that came next threw him off completely. A line, yet again, that would never be thought off from all of the other words possibly chosen in the universe.  

"I l-love you!" Asta smiled, bleary eyed, looking up. His knees bent in a half squat.

H-huh? W-what

What the hell did Yuno just hear?  

Utterly flabbergasted, Yuno felt his cheeks burn spontaneously. His right hand shot up to his face. He didn't know how to react. It was just so sudden.

Asta shook his head, head tilting hazardously to his right as if it weighed a ton for his neck to support. "No, no not just you . . . I love you too . . . "Asta turned his head, drool seeping from the corner of his mouth, at Noelle who was scurrying frantically towards him.

She definitely heard those words from his slurry, love potion filled mouth.

"W-what?" Noelle stammered, shaking her head. "Alright, that's enough! We need to take you back!"

Asta groped onto Yuno's cape tighter. "But I love him and also you . . . and Vanehzah!" he stared at the street beyond them, "I love everyone! I don't want to leave . . .!"

Asta was immediately capsuled in Noelle's miniature sea dragon's nest spell, hoisted a few centimetres off the ground.

She turned to Yuno - her face red at the situation her comrade caused and the sudden outbursts of an inexact imposed confession - she gathered herself professionally and addressed him as formally as possible: "I apologise for the unexpected trouble caused, Vice-Captain of the Golden Dawn, Yuno. We'll be on our way now. I'm sure your friend will be back to his normal self soon. Good evening to you."

With a quick and small bow, she trudged away from him, pulling her magic bubble of water with Asta, his head lopsided; towards the small alley where their brooms were kept. 

"M-My God B-Bakasta . . . Seriously?!" Noelle said to herself, her palm pressed to her face, covering her blush. Thankfully the lights were dimmer here and she managed to calm herself before Vanessa handed her broom, who felt remorse for being responsible for causing the vial to fall in the first place.

She offered to carry Asta together on her broom as he is clearly incapable of riding on his own sword. 

***