I'm sorry

Oh . . . wait

So, Yuno never hated me? In fact, it's the total opposite . . .

"I'd still like to know what you were doing in my room with Mimosa, you know?" Yuno's voice suddenly broke the silence when Asta was thinking hard on what just happened.

Asta blinked, craning his neck back up to face Yuno, "Ah, right, it's like what she said. We were just looking for something . . . a letter, well my squad member Charmy somehow left it there . . . you wouldn't want to know the details."

"You seemed eager to get away when I came in." Yuno stared at Asta.

"Ah . . . that was when . . . I was . . . hiding from you . . . I'm sorry . . . it's not that the letter was of big importance or anything . . . I guess it seemed like a big deal how I just dashed away and not tell you about it . . . but, really, I only asked Mimosa just so I wouldn't have to see you . . . before I thought you hated me . . ."

Yuno shook his head, fringe bouncing left and right in the dark, "We're good now. It was a big misunderstanding we just had."

They stared at each other for a good few seconds, Yuno on top of Asta who was feeling his shoulders ache from the pressure.

"Ah, Yuno . . . could you let me go now?" Asta asked, looking a little shy at how long he's been under like a prey.

Yuno smirked, bending lower, feeling Asta shudder as he gave a peck on his cheek before finally releasing him. Asta sat up, feeling air rush into his lungs, all stress lifted up as he breathed out.

He turned to Yuno, standing up as he had a good glimpse of him through the moon light.

"So, Yuno . . . that kiss . . . and - and then you saying, 'I love you' does that mean you love me romantically or like another love?" Asta watched Yuno turn to face him, an eyebrow arched.

"What do you mean?"

"Well, it just so happens that Noelle had confessed that she loves me, romantically. You know, the love-love type. I can't believe I took the message the wrong way. So, either way, we're starting out with our relationship . . ."

Asta paused the moment Yuno's expression changed. He flinched, not knowing at all what he said that caused his mood to change so suddenly.

"So . . ." Asta decided to continue, "I just want to clear things up so it doesn't happen the same way. What kind of love is that?"

Yuno ran his palm over his face, clearly hiding whatever twisted expression morphed over him.

"Uh . . . Yuno? Did I say something?"

Yuno shook his head, hand still over his face. He turned half way, facing the ridge where trees continued on below to the end of nowhere.

A misty breath left Yuno's lips, "I'm sorry, I didn't know you and Noelle were -"

"Wait, so, it's the same?!" Asta blurted, able to decipher the feelings immediately from Yuno's unfinished sentence.

"Huh?" Yuno looked, hand falling back to his side.

"You like me, too? Well, love me? Oh . . . oh . . . ah, Yuno . . . I - uh . . ."

Yuno forced a smile. "It's alright, Asta. You and Noelle are starting out. Be happy. I'm happy if you are. I'm sorry for forcing the . . . kiss on you earlier." Yuno blushed, embarrassed at his attitude.

"Yuno . . . I'm sorry . . ."

"No, Asta, it's alright."

"But, you said you had a crush forever . . ."