Chapter 11 - The way I feel

Recommended song to listen to while reading -  I'll be your man by BTOB

---------------------------------------✩✩✩

"What did you j-just say....?! Are you for real right now?... I can't believe I was friends with a person like you!" She took a few steps back. "Never, and I mean NEVER come near me again. You disgust me." I just sat there, processing everything that just took place, while she was leaving. 

I shouldn't be surprised at this point.

I wanted to cry but there were no tears coming out, no matter how hard I tried. Is this what being numb feels like...?

I started walking to my dorm with my head hanging low. Is it wrong to be like this? Why are people so disgusted about the fact that I'm gay? Am I disgusting? Am I really a f*ggot?

I didn't want to do anything stupid that I might regret so I call Jay Hyung.

Not long after the call, my brother busted through the door. He came in front of me and hugged me tightly.

"What happened?" He let go and sat on my bed, patting the space next to him. After sitting down, I started describing him the events that took place a few minutes ago.

I took a deep breath before speaking;

"You know that I told you about Eunji, right? Well, she has been acting differently for the past week and, today, she asked me to meet her because she has something important to tell me. After I got there, we took a seat on a bench and... she told me she likes me and that she knows I like her back. I, then, apologized for leading her on without even realizing and confessed that I am gay and that I have a crush on someone else... That's when she got up and told me that I am disgusting and to never go near her again... Why are people saying these things? Am I really like that? Am I really like that, Hyung...? Maybe her and our parents were right when they left me..."

"No, they weren't! They are the ones who are disgusting! Only closed-minded people would think and say stuff like that! Don't put yourself down for people like them! There is nothing wrong with being gay. Do you understand? There is nothing wrong with you. And you aren't doing the wrong thing. Love is love. No matter who you are or who the person you love is. Doesn't matter if it's a boy or a girl or gender fluid. It doesn't matter if they have different skin color, different nationality. What matters is how YOU feel." I hugged him tightly.

"Thank you. I really needed to hear that. I don't know what I would do without you, Hyung."

"No problem, kid." We broke apart and he asked curiously. "Now... Who exactly is you crush and why didn't I know about him?" He wiggled his eyebrows at me, making me blush.