Chapter 19 - First date

Recommended song to listen to while reading - Sweater Weather by  The Neighbourhood

---------------------------------------✩✩✩

I am finally happy. And it's all because of them.

*Time skip, at Jake's dorm*

After having dinner with my parents and friends, we said goodbye to my parents who were actually going back to Australia the next morning.

Me and Sunghoon were, of course, the last ones to leave: Jay Hyung escorted Jungwon home, Niki and Sunoo left together and Heeseung had some business to take care of so he left alone.

It was around midnight when I and my 'boyfriend' got back to my dorm.

I threw myself on the bed, smiling at the ceiling.

"I'm glad that everything turned out well..." I said to Sunghoon who was already staring at me.

"I'm glad that you are happy." He smiled at me softly.

I patted the empty space next to me, signalling him to lay down as well. And, after a few seconds, he did.

"Thank you for coming with me. And... thank you for holding my hand and sticking up with my lie."

"No problem... and... what lie?" He turned his head in my direction.

"You know... about the boyfriend thing." My cheek heated up just by thinking about it.

"Oh... right. I almost forgot that was a lie." He smiled before looking away.

"W-what do you mean?" I side-eyed him, my face felt like it was on fire.

"Ah, nothing. Don't worry about it too much. But, you know, soon enough, it might not be a lie anymore." His smile widened while saying it.

I sat up straight the moment these words left his mouth, looking at him dumbfounded. HOW CAN HE BE SO CONFIDENT?!

"Confident much?" I rolled my eyes, trying to act tough, even though I was literally a melted marshmallow at that moment.

"I mean, look at me! With this face, how could I not be?" He smirked while I made a disgusted face. He isn't wrong but still!

A few moments of silence later, Sunghoon Hyung got up from the bed. I looked at him confused and, with a serious face, he said;

"Jake, will you go on a date with me?" I, once again, shot up from the bed with shock written all over my face. Come on Jake!! Pull yourself together!