part 22

I heard Sinon shoot her sniper at death gun, but he moved out of the way then stared at us.

Sinon: He knew where I are.

Y/N: No way.

Sinon: He must've seen me somewhere, so the system recognized me. 

Before we could do anything Death gun aimed once more at pale rider and shot him in the chest, and it was only once so pale rider got up and aimed rider aimed his shotgun at him. Only rider dropped their gun and collapsed holding his chest before getting disconnected. 

Y/N: Goddamn it!

Sinon: What was that?

He aimed his gun into the sky then walked behind the piller on the bridge.

Sinon: He's not coming back out.

Y/N: When's the next scan?

Sinon: In a few seconds, watch the bridge. I'll check his name.

Y/N: Alright.

Sinon: This is our chance.

Y/N: Our chance for what?

Sinon: The guy in the cape doesn't appear on my terminal. He's gone underwater like you did. Which means all his weapons are unequipped.

Y/N: He can still move with have his pistol. Can't he?

Sinon: Even if he does, I can still beat a guy with a handgun-

Y/N: No! You saw he shot and killed pale rider with that handgun. Right now if you get shot with that handgun, you can really die.

Sinon: I don't want to accept that there's a player that's actually killing people in real life...

Y/N: But there is. That player death gun killed a lot of people in the VRMMO I was in. He swung his sword knowing people would actually die. And I've done the same.

Sinon: Someone like that is really playing GGO?

Sinon seemed to zone out and I tried shaking her for a few minutes.

Y/N: Sinon? Sinon!

She snapped out of it and was looking at me.

Sinon: I'm fine. Just a little surprised. To be honest, it'll take me some time to believe your story. But I don't think it's something you made up.

Y/N: Thank you. Come on lets get out of here, who knows whats coming our way.

Sinon: You're right.

Y/N: Alright we'll split up.

Sinon: Where will you go?

Y/N: Still got two names I'll find out who death gun is. Stay away from him and stay safe.

Sinon: But...

Y/N: I'll keep my promise. Next time we fight, I won't hold back. Thanks for not shooting me, back there.

I started moving towards the direction death gun was heading and waited for the scan to happen.

Sinon: Wait!

Slowing down I came to a stop and saw Sinon behind me.

Sinon: I'm going, too. That death gun's pretty strong. If you lose to him, you can't fight me.

Y/N: Hmm.

Sinon: I don't like it, but it'll be safer working together temporarily, and knock him out of the running.

Y/N: Alright, I suppose thats fine, but stay behind me just in case death gun shoots at us.

She smiled before I pulled out the photon sword, this shocked her but I turned around looking into the woods. Then I saw the prediction lines and the player shot at us, but I stopped each bullet with my photon sword and I getting better at it. I was also protecting Sinon who was watching me and the player had to reload.