Part 27

The morning was great as I was immediately woken up by Selka and as I tried to get back to sleep she wasn't taking no for an answer, so I did the next best thing rolling my ass out of bed and onto the nice cool wooden floor.

Selka: Are you alright?

Y/N: I'm awake. 

Selka: It's 5:30. Even though you are a lost child of Vecta and a guest you're still expected to get up on time.

Y/N: Yes mom.

Selka: What was that?

Y/N: I'm up. 

Time skip

After doing what was needed for today I met up with Eugeo and we headed back to the tree where we continued chopping it.

Eugeo: Forty five!

Another clang rang out while Iaying down with an animal sitting beside me.

Y/N: See that, it's the definition of insanity except he knows the out come.

It stared at me before leaving and I watched it.

Y/N: Everyone's a critic. 

Eugeo: What was that?

Y/N: Nothing.

Eugeo: Well we're done with this mornings quota, it's time for lunch.

Y/N: Yay, rocks.

Being tossed some stale bread I grabbed it and we headed towards the tree for the shade, and as I took a bite it was still the same.

Eugeo: You know what I wish.

Y/N: Edible food? 

Eugeo: Well somewhat, I wish you could have tasted the pies Alice made. The crust was so flaky and there was so much filling, having it with some fresh milk was the best. There's nothing in the world that tasted better than that.

Y/N: Hey, don't make me hungry for something else, anyway was she a baker for her calling?

Eugeo: Heh, no not even. Back in those days she was studying the sacred arts at the church, she was the greatest prodigy that this village ever had. She could cast all kinds of spells by the time ten. 

Y/N: Oh, by the way what's up with Selka?

Eugeo: Oh she's Alice's little sister, after Alice was taken away Selka moved to the church to become a nun and study the sacred arts. 

Y/N: Okay, what about all the kids there? Are they there for the same reason? 

Eugeo: They lost their parents to the plague that hit the village three years ago, the church was the only place that had room for them, poor kids. It's like we're cursed all these strange things that's been happening lately, like people being attacked and kidnaped down the main road. Villagers say that goblins are the ones doing it. 

Y/N: Goblins?

Eugeo: I have a feeling that all that talk is just rumors, if it were true an integrity knight should have come by and put a stop to them. They would have been here in a flash, like when Alice touched the ground in the dark territory that was nothing compared to goblins. Either way there have been quite a few deaths over the past two or three years. 

Y/N: Wouldn't there be a sacred art to help with that? 

Eugeo: I don't know, but I remember Alice saying there was a high level sacred art that could stop a life from decreasing. 

Y/N: That would be a good thing to know. 

Eugeo: It would. Alice said that she found a passage about that spell in one of the old books in the church, but the problem is that only the high priest of the Axiom church can use it.