019.

(:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅[̲̅:♡:]̲̅:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅)♬ - APOCALYPSE "you've been locked in here foreverand you just can't say goodbyeyour lips, my lips"

(:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅[̲̅::]̲̅:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅)
- APOCALYPSE
"you've been locked in here forever
and you just can't say goodbye
your lips, my lips"

APRIL 20th, 2021
4:44 pm
kara's pov

i still haven't talked to selene, even after two weeks. i'm actually proud, if i do say so myself. she's usually able to crack down my walls within a few hours.

even though selene and faye seem to be back on good terms, faye hasn't left my side. i've opened up to her a bit about me and selene's situation, and i'm sure she's heard selene's side as well.

i keep telling her that i'm fine, that i don't need her following me around to make me feel better. but she always insists that her staying with me has nothing to do with anything besides the fact that i'm her best friend.

as i sit in the car waiting for my grandma to finally come out of CVS, i spot vinnie. i'm sure he sees me but i turn my head so fast that i can't tell what his next move is.

that is, until i hear a knock on my window, "hey, kara!" he's smiling.

i wave back in response but he's obviously waiting for more.

rolling down my window i finally ask, "what do you want?"

"ouch," boy if you don't leave me the- "can i sit?"

he points to the empty spot on the passenger side and i just roll my eyes, unlocking the car door.

"haven't seen you in a while," he says once he finally settles in

"guess i've been busy,"

he hums, what the fuck does he want.

"i know about you and selene, kara."

i wish it was more of a shock, but i'm not surprised. a little concerned, though. where is this going?

"i don't want you to feel bad or anything, i know you probably know a lot about me and faye as well."

i laugh, "yeah, like how you're the best she's ever had." fuck, did i say that out loud?

"so i was like the best, best she's ever been with or like metaphori-"

i cut him and his cocky tone off before he could finish, "calm your tits, she hasn't been with many people besides you, anyway."

my words must have not impacted him as much as i thought because he continues to wear his smug smile.

"what do you want? did you just come to tell me that you know about me and selene?"

"partially, but i also wanted to tell you that selene really cares about you. i don't want to invalidate you or anything, but you two should have the chance to talk before you give up." his voice is so sincere that i have to look away. i hate people pitying me.

as i look away i see my grandma walking out of the store with her bag in hand.

"my grandma is coming back, you should leave." i turn back to see him nod and utter out a goodbye.

i start the car while my grandma makes her way into where vinnie was just sitting a couple of seconds ago.

"who's the pretty boy?" my grandma says sweetly beside me as i finally pull out of the parking lot

i laugh, "come on grandma, you know that's not me." i've been out to my grandma since middle school, i'm sure if i didn't have her love and support a lot of things would be different.

i continue, "besides, that's all faye."

after a few minutes we pull into the driveway of our apartments. to my surprise, there's a familiar car there that seems to be waiting for us.

selene's car.

ugh, i do not feel like dealing with this shit today. or ever, actually.

getting out of the car, my suspicions are confirmed when i notice selene doing the same and settling on the hood of her car. i make sure to turn my cursing filter off with my grandma still next to me.

"what are you doing here?" the harshness of my tone is still prevalent, good.

"i need to talk to you," her voice is calm and makes me even more upset, i notice she looks to my grandma who hasn't just left yet. "hello, mrs. zon,"

my grandma twists her nose up before making her way into the house. maybe i should've waited until we were officially over to let her know what happened.

selene doesn't look offended, though. "i'm guessing she knows?" it's a statement more than a question but i still nod in confirmation.

"like i said before, what the fuck are you doing here?"

"before you didn't say fuck,"

"my grandma was near, and don't try and be cute right now."

selene rolls her eyes, did she come here to taunt me?

"you know what, i'm going inside." my feet barely make it anywhere as she pulls me into her, us both in close proximity against her car.

her hand is on my hip and all of a sudden my heart is about to leap out of my chest. no matter how many times she's close to me i can't help but feel breath taken, it's annoying really.

"kara," i can already tell there's some speech she's about to get into, "i like you, more than i've liked anyone. and i'm genuinely so sorry that i hurt you, i couldn't figure myself out and it fucked with both of us. but i'm tired of thinking so much about what it means instead of reacting, because the truth is i won't know what this means for you, or me, and us until i actually give it a shot."

her finger is trailing my face and it's at that moment i feel how glossy my eyes are, still, i don't look away. if a tear does slip it won't be the first time i've cried in front of her, anyway.

"i want to be with you, that is, if you want the same."

instead of answering her question verbally, i use my hand to pull her face to mine, hoping the way our lips move together will be answer enough.

it isn't until we're both desperate for breath that will pull away and selene rests her forehead on mine.

i feel dazed and the only thing that knocks me out of it is the sound of my grandma's small claps and "woos" while looking at us from the balcony.

——————————
AUTHOR'S NOTE:
yass this is my take on a selene and kara focused chapter. i still want to give more depth to all of them but i really have no strength for this book i'm so sorry </3 but still please vote and interact <3