ɪ.ɪɪ ʟᴏsᴛ ᴀɴᴅ ғᴏᴜɴᴅ

"Maybe we pretended to be lost, in hopes of being found

"Maybe we pretended to be lost, in hopes of being found."

☔︎︎ ɪɪ ʟᴏsᴛ ᴀɴᴅ ғᴏᴜɴᴅ
Volume 1
__

Cows, herds of cows, baby cows, avoid cow shits. It was pretty much the one of the many thoughts going through her mind, being placed in the spotlight. Under different circumstances she would've acted so carelessly, but this time differs from every other day. This time, she was chasing monsters, not the other way around.

Odessa Verity Everdeen cursive Jackson, was chasing after monsters, odd right?

She had hoped to find what was baiting them, exactly what was catching their eyes that triggered them to travel such long ranges for a duration of time. And she really wasn't planning on doing so, with cow shit on her foot, she found it plainly embarrassing. Rather than being feared upon, the monsters would instead cackle about her misfortune and lead to a chain reaction, worldwide spreading the nickname, 'Shitty cow-foots.'

Her mind raced, side stepping the last cow and hurling herself over the wooden gate. Perfectly timed, as a baby cow has been chasing her from the beginning, appearing cute and adorable yet it was a menace, attacking the poor girl whose eyes widened in innocence. Apparently, the rest of the cows minded their business, in a way that made it seem to be a usual occurrence, as one ran by them with a low-hush scream and the other releasing a loud, "MOOOOOOO!"

Once the female's heartbeat returned regularly, she started to question the possibilities that she may encounter. An army? Monster campsites? A giant welcoming her with warm cookies? Whatever it was, Verity was determined to follow the gorgons she recently spotted a few hours earlier. Her actions may appear stupid, irrational and even not at all strategically planned, as she was a demigod--but thinking about the consequences wasn't in her mind. Rather, she was focused on figuring out what, who or where the gorgons were after, because in some ways she also yearned for something, more like someone.

Her heart desires to find her missing best friend, Perseus Jackson.

Verity's father, Leonard, struggled to protect her from the other side of the world, the side where everything in Greek myths existed. It was soon when he no longer could protect her, but luckily he had Sally Jackson, mother of her best friend and funny enough, his own best friend. Ever since Sally offered to raise the two kids under her care, with Leonard offering to provide her with the necessities, the two young kids grew old together. They went through everything together, the struggles of school (--er, which was mainly Percy's fault), Smelly Gabe, Nancy Bobofit, Finding Nemo, exchange of emotional moments, first experiences, even discovered the mythological realm and went on quests together. Percy Jackson was not only her best friend, but her brother, a sibling she'd always wished she had as Percy wanted the same, but the male was even happier to have themselves labeled as family. A fun fact, Leonard found it only right to change her name by the slightest, adding 'Jackson' at the end and Sally herself bursted tears of joy. At each new school, Percy himself even went around, telling professors to refer to her as 'Verity Jackson,' and they could care less, agreeing to make lives easier.