ɪ.ᴠ - ᴀɴ ᴏᴀᴛʜ ᴛᴏ sᴡᴇᴀʀ

"And for just one thought, a whisper in my ears would have made me written a poem of the oath you had hidden

"And for just one thought, a whisper in my ears would have made me written a poem of the oath you had hidden."

☔︎ ᴠ - ᴀɴ ᴏᴀᴛʜ ᴛᴏ sᴡᴇᴀʀ
Volume 1
__

Everything was pitch black, not a single thing was in sight. That scared her. The heroine wasn't too fond of the darkness, it reminded her on how easily an individual can sneak through the shadows, lurk through the silence and can spare no difficulties in slaughtering its opponent, play foolish tricks on its enemies or perhaps mock the one who cannot see without light.

Speaking of light, a sudden ray of light seeps through the darkness. It didn't engulf the entire location where Odessa, or per say, Verity stood, but instead casts a path, a path you see once opening a door to a dark room with a lightbulb on your side. In all directions, there was no other choice, no other path has dared to reveal itself to the demigod. Out of luck, it was evident that the teenager had nowhere else to go, her body far from control, starts to walk towards the direction of it.

Verity didn't know what to expect, all she knew was to prepare for the worst. Inching closer, her right palm automatically hover over her bracelet, dangerously twitching over a different charm, not noticing a missing weight. Once entering the questioning environment, all her eyes saw was the door leading inside the Poseidon's Cabin back at her home-felt place, but it soon flickered. Alerted, Verity calmly scanned her surroundings once more, her right hand never leaving the atmosphere in which the bracelet resides on. It was a forest this time, assuming the countless trees and the way nature was displayed in its aspect. The forest name wasn't recognizable, maybe she would've known where it was located if she was given the nearest town name. It wasn't long till the entire image flickers in a shaken way, a hint of amusement reveal itself as it pulls the stunt, already growing impatient; she quickly snatches off her dagger charm, being the best for this situation, as a surprise attack can occur up-close. Its familiar weight on her dominant respective hand told her it was at its full capacity, the hilt within the fist of her hand.

"Patience child, you are fine for now, Odessa." A female voice echoed. This didn't surprise her.

Verity quickly turned to where the voice came from, not once planning on dropping her weapon. It would be foolish, to believe a voice that regards her safety. She raises her arms, preparing to play defense and block anything that can hurl towards herself. Taking this moment to look, she noticed the woman standing was the one who casted her away from her goal. Letting her arms drop, but not letting the rather sharp, dagger go. In a swift pace, she quickly stomps towards the goddess.

"Hera, you j-"

The woman, showered in a strong aura, peacefully raises her hand up, causing the teenager to pause in her actions and narrow her eyes. Hera could not help, but release a sigh filled with tiresome, seeing as the demigod still held anger for her. The goddess was considerate enough, as it was understandable seeing as she removed her existence to another location, away from her platonic soulmate. An event that was not too long ago, rather recent—it's been six minutes to be exact.