ɪ.ɪɪɪ - ᴄʜᴏɪᴄᴇs ᴏғ ғᴀᴛᴇs

"Sometimes, the smallest choices can change one's future fate

"Sometimes, the smallest choices can change one's future fate. It's your decision on its level of impact."

☔︎ ɪɪɪ - ᴄʜᴏɪᴄᴇs ᴏғ ғᴀᴛᴇs
Volume 1
__

     In a world fill with books that can teach us a lesson besides a hope of escaping reality for just a bit, many would expect these to help humans gain knowledge. A moment to retrieve information and comprehend in which situation will be the riskiest. More so, common sense. Although, The thing about plummeting downhill at fifty miles an hour on a snack platter, sitting on your best friend's lap—if you realize it's a bad idea half way down, considering her only grasp of safety is clinging unto him as a koala. Perhaps, she might just be seconds away from being snatched away from the harsh breeze, as it's already too late to reverse time.

     Percy narrowly missed a tree, causing Verity to hold onto him even tighter to the point he felt closer into his skin tone becoming naturally blue, even more than the Smurf's if by chance. They glided off a boulder, and spun a three-sixty as they shot toward the highway. The stupid snack tray did not have power steering, especially with not one—but TWO demigods on it.

     They heard the gorgon sisters screaming, a cry so horrific, that Verity could not help but tilt her head slightly to catch a glimpse of Euryale's coral-snake hair at the top of the hill. There was no time to spare for her to be concern over it, and she didn't want to after that noise. The roof of the apartment building loomed below them like the prow of a battleship, which reminded her of that one battleship game she witnessed an old school friend's, whereas she played on her cellular device against another said friend virtually.

Head-on collision in ten, nine, eight...

     Percy managed to swivel sideways to avoid breaking his legs on impact, as Verity jumped off his lap and used her control against the elemental of air to steady her landing, if not she could've actually broken hers. The snack platter skittered across the roof and sailed through the air. The platter went one way. Percy and Verity went towards the opposing other.

     As they fell towards the highway, a horrible scenario flashed through Percy's mind: his body smashing against an SUV's windshield, Verity's body smashing on the hood then proceeding to fall under the car, some annoyed commuter trying to push him off with the wipers as his companion in the passenger seat takes a napkin and wipes off their window side. The driver would be irritated as his voice filled with frustration, yelling, 'Stupid two teenage whatever age-year-old kids falling from the sky! I'm late!'

     Verity held a similar scenario within her mind, yet hers was more terrifying, beyond gruesome. They would end up as potato squash, or pancake mix, with blood leaking all over the place, organs spilled, or even worst—unidentifiable. Despite that disturbing scene in her mind, she still struggled slightly with the wind, as it attempts to overpower the teen.