ɪ.ᴠɪɪ - ᴘʀᴏᴍɪsᴇs & ᴠɪsɪᴛs

"That is my issue, I rather sacrifice myself than to allow another to do the same for me, for I deem myself unworthy of being saved

"That is my issue, I rather sacrifice myself than to allow another to do the same for me, for I deem myself unworthy of being saved."

☔︎ ᴠɪɪ - ᴘʀᴏᴍɪsᴇs & ᴠɪsɪᴛs
Volume 1
__

     They say that sleeping is hard to do once your mind won't stop thinking. That's not always the case, sometimes sleeping becomes easy if you use it as an escape from reality. Verity's mind was filled with nothing but thoughts trailed by another thought, mentally she was a mess. She started taking advantage of the welcoming darkness behind her close eyelids as a way to be free from her mind. Even though most nights it wouldn't give her the comfort she needed, this particular night it was nothing but a dreamless place.

     Verity's dreamless peace came to a halt as a sound of metal clanged against metal, almost like a door slamming shut causing her to flinch herself awake and the grip on her pack tightened. The sound soon echoes throughout the emptiness of the warehouse. She took this moment to process her thoughts, a light yet heavy item was slung on her back, which meant whatever she had her grip on was not exactly her back pack.

     Cautiously, Verity opened her eyelids just to see a very interesting and awkward position. Her forehead was on someone's shoulder as both her arms were wrapped around someone else's arm, both her legs were bent, as if she was kneeling beside someone, overall she assumed she may have ended up cuddling with one of her new companions. Which led to a spread of warmth rising on her cheeks, of pure embarrassment.

     Embarrassedly, Verity raises her head and is met with eye contact with the owner of the arm she accidentally cuddled. His face seems to be a reflection of hers, and only led her to assume she has made him uncomfortable. She scrambled away and sat appropriately besides him, while placing a hand on her face to cover her blushing mess. A small whisper, escapes her lips which was loud enough for both bodies in her presence to understand, "sorry.."

     Piper smiles at the girl's embarrassment, she ended up witnessing the girl move in her sleep and surprising Jason. At first, they were locked in a deep, meaningful conversation but however, they started to observe her shuffling in her position, as if she felt her sleeping spot hard to bare. She found her childish behavior to be cute, it was a side she hasn't seen yet since her arrival, Verity was nothing but stern, in the last couple ticking minutes. Piper found it amusing to see this side of her. Just small actions, were enough to demonstrate volume, and although she cannot claim it comprehend her thoughts, she was still dealing with plenty within her mind. Given her loss. Jason on the other hand, ended up dealing with the constant teasing from Piper because of Verity's action, as their prior conversation was clearing up the air at last. He spent most of their conversation gazing down at the sleeping figure beside him, a bit flustered from the action but soon started to enjoy it. Though, Jason couldn't determine the reason why his emotion was reacting this way, he found it odd.