ɪ.ɪᴠ - ʀᴇsᴇɴᴛғᴜʟ ᴅɪsᴀᴘᴘᴇᴀʀᴀɴᴄᴇ

"Where there is anger, do not forget to think, that maybe there is pain underneath

"Where there is anger, do not forget to think, that maybe there is pain underneath."

☔︎ ɪᴠ - ʀᴇsᴇɴᴛғᴜʟ ᴅɪsᴀᴘᴘᴇᴀʀᴀɴᴄᴇ
Volume 1
__

     You know the saying, "Don't judge a book by its cover?" Safe to say, Verity did the opposite. She hadn't expected for the young girl to be able to defend herself, she felt genuinely proud as Hazel swung at Euryale with her weapon of choice; a sword. Despite defending herself against the second gorgon, she watches as the sword grazes the gorgon across the stomach. Not enough damage, but still something, any level of damage is worthy to be considered as an effort.

"Beat her ass Hazel! Make momma proud!" She cheered, her own sword, panomoiótypo, in hand as she blocked another attack by Stheno.

Hazel dodges as Euryale slash at her former spot. Verity did a backflip, despite the pain ticking in her head, to create distance between her and Stheno. A little bit of her felt doing so, to test whether she still kept her agility. After completing her small goal, Verity starts to clap, growing aware of Stheno joining in on her clapping right after, which was not a good idea.

"What is wrong with you!" Euryale stomped towards her sister, then smacking her right upside the head.

"She was clapping so I joined!" Stheno pouts, rubbing the spot her sister had inflicted pain with her strong hit.

"You were always the disappointment" Euryale hissed, glaring at Stheno.

Hazel grew confused, as Verity fakes a yawn having to already deal with the siblings bickering in the past. Euryale gazes at the daughter of hearth, a new sense of hatred swirling in the gorgon's eyes.

"You think just because you hold the elements within you, that you are able to defeat any obstacle?"

Verity let out a small chuckle, swinging her sword in a figure eight motion. "I don't think so, I believe so." As those words came out of her mouth, a feeling within her stomach twitches, as her mind was almost clouded with a hint of sadness.

"Incorrect, Odessa. You will fail to protect the reason you are here, you'll try to give protection else where, but you will fail again. You will los—"

"ENOUGH!" Verity outburst surprised Hazel, she was even more surprised at the girl's new found energy given that she had took into account the dried blood that stuck onto the teenager's skin. Along the noticeable shakiness.

Hazel watches as the girl she admired during her time at camp, the stories that have been shared repeatedly, pushes her left palm outwards, one of the strongest gust of winds throws Euryale towards the highway, slamming her roughly against the concrete, battered, pavement. It was rather unique to witness her abilities into action, as the stories she has learned proved itself to be true.