Chapter 10

I was finishing up some homework I was assigned for World History when I heard a rapid knock on my bedroom door. I dropped the pen on my desk, flapping my hand in the air to relieve the pain as I stood and walked to the door.

"Who is it!?" I shout, standing with my hand on the knob.

"It's Julia." I here my not-so-evil stepsister reply calmly.

I open the door and give her a small smile. "Hey." I say, crossing my arms and leaning on the doorframe.

He gives me a head nod. "Hey, Tessa. Can I talk to you?" She asks me, rocking nervously on her heels.

I nod my head and step to the side, opening the door wider for her. She gives me a small smile before stepping into my room and looking around.

I close the door and turn around, seeing her lost in her own thoughts as she looks fondly at the photo of my parents on my work desk. I take the chance to actually look at her appearance.

Her dirty blonde hair cascades down to her waist, making her easy to tell apart from Jenna, who's beach blonde hair stops at her chin. Julia's five foot eight inch height makes her already petite frame look that much smaller and taller than Jenna and I. She has gorgeous green eyes with gold specks in them.

But, they show sadness. Ever since she lost her father, she could never find a reason to actually laugh, or smile fully, or be happy. At least, this is what she told me. I always liked Julia more than Jenna. She was constantly sick of the torment Jenna and my stepmother gave me. Julia loved my father as well. I actually never minded calling her my sister, because in my mind, she had earned the right to be.

"That's a nice photo of Dad and your mom." She comments, a sad smile on her lips as she walks toward it. Her hand reaches out to pick it up, but she stops and looks at me. "May I?"

I nod my head with a smile. "Sure." I agree. She nods at me before picking the frame up and sitting softly on my bed.

"They look so happy..." She comments softly, running her fingers lightly over the photo. I sit down beside her and look at the photo.

My father had his arms around my mothers waist and his head rested on her shoulder as they both smiles brightly at the camera. They were on the beach and my mother was in a one piece and my father just in trunks. Although my mother was wearing a bandana over her hairless head, she still looked breathtaking.

That was the last time my mother ever went to the beach.

"They were very happy. Even with my mothers illness, she never stopped smiling. She always said that if your going to die, might as will spend your last moments happy and smiling and loving, rather than alone and sad." I reply, a tear slipping down my cheek as I recall my mother and her insanely positive outlook on life.

Julia smiles and runs a thumb over my mothers face. "She was very beautiful." She says.

I smile sadly and look down at my lap. "That she was. When I was really little, I always thought she had this glow about her. And that, the reason she had no hair, was because the angels needed room for the halo around her head."

Julia sets the photo down and looks at me with teary eyes. "I'm sorry." She says to me in a quiet and shaky voice.

I take a deep breath and look at her, wiping the tears from my cheeks. "Don't be. I love my mother and she loved me. That's more than I could've ever asked for."

She laughs bitterly and looks at the wall in disgust. "Yea, at least that makes one of us." She comments.

I look at her sadly and place a hand on her shoulder. "Hey, that's not true. You're mother loves you, she just has trouble showing it." I try to comfort her.

Julia shakes her head at me and gives me a bitter smile. "No, I doubt that. Do you know what she said to me before I came to your room? She said 'why can't you be more like Jenna? Why do you have to be so fat? Try losing weight won't you.'" She sneers, mimicking her mother's voice. "I mean, God! Who tells their daughter that! And then she went on to talk about how I'm too conservative with my clothing and should be like Jenna. What, just because I don't let my boobs hang out, I'm too modest!?" Julia finishes, her voice cracking at the end as tears leave her eyes in steady streams.

"Oh, Julia." I breathe, pulling her into a tight hug. "Don't believe what she says, you are perfect just the way you are."

She shakes her head as sobs wrack her body. "N-no I'm not! L-look at m-me! I'm f-fat a-and too tall a-and too ugly for a-anyone to w-want m-me." She cries, tightening her arms around my waist. My fists clench around her shirt as I fight the urge to run downstairs and punch the living day lights out of Jill.

How dare she make anyone feel like this.

"Julia you are beautiful! Don't you dare say that about yourself!" I order her, rubbing her back soothingly.

She shakes her head. "I-I tried t-to lose weight! I am t-trying! B-but it w-won't work f-fast enough." She sobs.

I stiffen as she says this.

Not again...

"Julia..." I say slowly. "When was the last time you ate?"

She sniffles and tightens her arms around me, but remains silent.

"Julia." I order sternly.

Please don't do this, please say you didn't let her get to you again.

"T-three days."

+++++++++++++++++++
++++++++++++
++++++++++++++++++++++

Poor Julia!

I ain't one of those "bad guy is good in end" people.

Jill is a straight up beeyotch and she will only get worse.

And just to clear it up, Julia is really insecure about herself and thinks starving herself is the best way to lose weight.

And yes that was a cliffhanger.

Vote/Comment/Follow