14. Distance

Next day, Manik called Nandini to remind her that his mother has asked her to meet.

"Yeah Manik...I remember...I will be there in the evening..." She said while getting up from bed.

"I will come to pick you up..." He said.

"No need...I know the route to your house...No worries...You are actually zoning out while driving...and here I will be sitting tensed till you reach...So I will come by my own..." She denied reminding his zoned out driving the previous night.

In the evening, Manik was waiting for her in his room and asked Ramu kaka to inform him if Nandini arrives.

Nyonika was waiting for her in the garden with all the thoughts that she wanted to spat out.

Nandini arrived as said and saw Nyonika in the garden. She smiled and went towards and wished "Good evening Aunty..."

Nyonika gave a half smile and wished back and asked her to sit.

"So Nandini...What are your future plans...??" She asked and Nandini shrugged and said "Nothing planned as such Aunty...I will apply for job after MBA..."

"Ohh...But I thought you have planned your future very well...by being friends with Manik..." Nyonika said making Nandini frown to her tone.

"I...I didn't get you aunty..." Nandini asked being confused.

"Oh dear...I know your type of girls very well...So just drop the act already...I know how you made Manik fall for you and now he is not even ready to leave this place with me...Just because of you...You just took advantage of my innocent son with all you have...you, your affection, your friends tied to him here...He would be happy if he comes with me and takes on his business career...I know you trapped him for his money..." Nyonika accused but was cut by Nandini who had tears in her eyes.

"Aunty...Just because I'm listening, that doesn't mean I'm at fault or whatever you said is true...Do you really think I trapped him for money...?? You think he will be happy going away from us...?? Fine then...Now...At this moment, I promise you that I'll not contact Manik...I'll never come in touch with him until you realize that his actual smile comes when he is with his loved ones...I know Manik loves me and I can't hurt him...But still, it is my way to show you the truth...You want to take him with you...Fine go ahead...Take him with you...But rather than concentrating on business, concentrate on your son and find his happiness...You will get to know if he is really happy...and if he is, then you win..." Nandini said wiping her tears.

"And ha...Don't worry...I will not reveal anything to him that happened between us here...Because I know how much he loves you...Wish even you got to know how much he loves me..." Nandini added and left.

Nyonika smirked in victory while Manik was still waiting in his room, scrolling through the mobile.

"Book the tickets for both of us...Manik and I will be leaving in 3 days..." Nyonika asked her PA.

Manik tried calling Nandini while she reached home shattered and sad. She cried her heart out when her phone rang everytime displaying Manik's name.

"I'm sorry Manik...I can't create drift between you and your mother...Forgive me...Until we meet again..." She said to his picture and answered the call for one last time.

"Nandu...Where are you...?? I'm waiting here..." Manik asked in concern.

"Manik...I can't come...I'm sorry...actually I have to leave to my grandmother's place urgently...and don't know when I'll be back...Take care of yourself until we meet again..." She asked making him frown in confusion.