5. Preparations

Soon everyone reached Manik's place and Manik started introducing everyone to Ramu kaka.

"Kaka..yeh sab mere friends hai...Yeh Cabir(Cough)...yeh Dhruv(Cough)...yeh (Cough)..." He started coughing.

Everyone got worried seeing him coughing badly and Ramu kaka ran to bring hot water for him to drink.

"Beta...yeh peelo..." Ramu kaka handed him glass of hot water. He started rubbing his hairs and asked "Kya hua beta achanak..?? Kya khaya aapne..??"

"Uncle yeh coke peeye thei..." Nandini answered.

"Kitne peeye thei..??" He asked in a disbelief tone while Manik made a puppy face.

"3" She said.

Ramu kaka got shocked and saw Manik angrily "Manik baba...Yeh kya hai...?? 3 coke tins..ek saath...aap ko patha hai na..tanda pani aur cold drinks peena mana hai aapko..."

"Kyun uncle...kya hua..??Any problem..??" Nandini asked being concerned.

"Beta...Asthma problem hai baba ko...kabhi bhi health bigad saktha hai..." Ramu kaka said giving him another glass of hot water.

When Manik is feeling better, he introduced remaining friends to Ramu kaka.

Nandini smiled when he introduced her as his best friend. She bent down to take blessings of Ramu kaka.

"Beta...mein yaha noukar hu...mera aashirvad kyun..??" He stopped her.

"Uncle...ashirvad badappan se lethe hai...kaam se nahi...aap umar mein bade ho.." She smiled and Ramu kaka blessed.

Soon they settled down with books while Manik started explaining the first chapter and Ramu kaka arranged different snacks.

But whenever Manik tried talking to Nandini, she ignored and diverted the topic looking into books.

After good 3 hours, they are done with the first chapter.

"Beta...khana lag gaya hai...sab aa jayiye..." Ramu kaka called. Cabir, who was waiting for this call, immediately ran to the dining area.

"Yeh Manik bhi na...Ek hi din mein saara syllabus padaayega kya...!!" He taunted.

"Abe idiot...We are only done with first chapter...Bahut kuch baaki hai..." Mukthi said tapping his head.

Everyone sat at the dining table, while Nandini went into the kitchen and started boiling water.

"Beta...Kuch chahiye aapko..??" Ramu kaka asked.

"Haan uncle wo...Manik ke liye hot water..." She said and took the warm water in a bottle.

"Sorry uncle...Hume patha nahi tha Manik ke health ke baare mein...We'll take care of it from next time...dobara aisa kabhi nahi hoga..." Nandini said slowly.

Ramu kaka smiled and said "Koi baath nahi beta....baath yeh hai ki...Manik baba ko samjhaana bahut mushkil hai...ekdam bacha jaise..."

Nandini too smiled and left to give the water bottle to Manik. She handed over the bottle and gave an angry glare to which he made a confused sad pout.

After having dinner, when everyone are about to leave, Ramu kaka suggested "Beta...bahut dher ho gayi hai....aaj raath ke liye yahi pe rukh jao...ladkiyan bhi hai..."

Everyone thought for a while and nodded their heads while girls called their home and informed about that.

"So then...we can revise early morning..." Manik said when it is decided that the whole gang will stay back.

"Ehh...subah subah padayi koun karega...!!! Yoga hai kya..??" Cabir said in shock while Nandini glared at him.

"Manik..early morning means...what time..??" Aliya asked slowly as none has the habit of waking up early, that too for studying.

"6 will be fine...what say..??" Manik asked and they exchanged looks but nodded at last.

Dhruv and Cabir moved to one room, Mukthi and Aliya took other room and Navya, Nandini are supposed to take the other room.

When everyone left, Manik called Nandini "Nandu.."

She turned back but didn't give any response.

"What happened...?? Why are you not talking to me...??" He asked with a sad face which can melt anyone's heart.

Unable to control, she thought of leaving from there. But he stopped her holding her hand.

"Nandu...Please na..." He said with slight tears and she immediately cupped his face.

"Manik...Please don't cry...Stop crying.." She said wiping his tears.

"Tum mujhse gussa ho..??" He asked while rubbing his eyes.

"Haan...gussa thi...par ab nahi..." She said and Manik smiled to his brightest.

"Sachi.." He asked.

"Muchi..." She said and pulled his cheeks.

"Then why you are not calling me 'baby' ??" He asked rubbing his cheeks.

"Wo isliye...because u lied...and babies don't lie..." She said.

"I lied...!!! I never lie...." He said with wide eyes.

"Haan...I mean...Sach toh chupaya na tumne...!!!" She said and he bent his head down.

"Manik...If I ask you something, will you do it for me..??" She asked.

"Then your gussa chali jayegi..??" He asked wiping his fresh tears.

"Haan...chali jayegi..." She said with a little smile but he smiled to his brightest and said "Toh bolo then..what I have to do.?"

"Kasam khao....ki you never drink or eat cold things.." She declared.

He immediately said "Ok..Promise.."

"Aisa nahi...mera kasam khao.." She darted and he made wide eyes.

"What...?? Khao meri kasam...!!" She said a little louder.

"Ok...Nandu promise...I will never eat or drink cold things.." He said with a puppy face but when Nandini pulled his cheeks saying "That's like my pyaara baby..." , that puppy face turned into the happiest face ever.

They sat on the couch and started talking about the preparations.

"Manik...your house is so beautiful..." She said looking around it.

"Thank you...Though it is so big, it makes me alone..." He said with a little sad smile.

"Oww...That's ok mela baby...When is your Mom coming..??" She asked to divert the topic.

"Next week..." He said happily.

"Ohh wow...great..." She too said happily.

"Haan...wo..mera...mera birthday jo hai na..." He said with a shy and happy face.

"Ohhhhh...Tera birthday....!!! When...??" She asked in excitement.

"The day after the economics exam..." He said happily.

"Great...Double dhamaka celebration hoga uss din..." She said and yawned.

They smiled and wished good night to each other.

On her way to her room, Nandini thought "It means 6 days more for exam and 7 days for Manik's birthday...Should discuss with my gang and plan something..."

Ignore mistakes...

Hope to see you soon...