12. Celebrations

Manik thought about the call that Nandini got and she hid it from him but later ignored thinking "She will tell once she wants to.."

At midnight 12, everyone wished him and it was the first time he was getting wishes at 12AM though he saw in many movies and wished to have that chance.

His world was small before Nandini and her friends and now it became colourful for him that he sleeps with a smile on his face at night and wakes up with her name in his heart every morning.

Morning, Nyonika called Manik to wish him. He eyes brightened seeing his mom contact.

"Happy birthday my darling..." She said and he said excitedly "Thank you Mom...Where are you...?? At what time you will come..??"

"I'm so so sorry Manik...I have got a conference to attend at the very last moment...I couldn't come beta...But your gift will be there by evening..." She said sadly making him tear up his eyes.

He just left the phone on bed and left to freshen up. He cried for a while and wiped his face, got ready to meet his friends.

"Manuuuuuu" Nandini's mother squealed in happiness seeing him and hugged him, wishing "Happy happy birthday mera bacha..."

He hugged her happily and said "Thank you Maa.."

He spent the day with his friends and forgot about his mother and the disappointment.

In the evening, as per Nyonika's instructions, workers arranged a party for him and she called him again "Manik...Listen I'm sorry na beta...Baath karo mumma se..."

"It's ok Mom.....Arey Nandini...come na...." He left the phone in the middle seeing Nandini and his friends coming.

"hello..helloo.." Nyonika tried talking and Ramu kaka took the phone and said that Manik's friends has come and he went to them.

"Nandini..!! Who is she that Manik left talking to me in the middle...!!" Nyonika thought.

It was time for cake cutting and before he could do, Nandini said "I have a surprise for you baby.."

"Again surprise.." Manik said with shining eyes and the lights went off and then a tune played making Manik's smile wider and looked at Nandini while she nodded in yes.

"Maddyyy..!!!" Manik jumped to hug him and they both shared a tight hug since they were meeting after long time.

"How come you here...??" Manik asked being surprised and Maddy showed Nandini.

"You..!?? How do you know about him...??" Manik asked in confused tone.

"Baby...you only said na...You used to share everything to Maddy...your cousin..and you hardly get time to talk after he moved to the US...So I just thought to do something about that...and I got his details from your mail and asked him to come..." Nandini said with a smile.

"Ohhh...Thank you so much Nandini..." Manik said and she pulled his cheeks saying "Anything for your smile baby...."

"Oho..Baby and all huh...!!??" Maddy teased looking at them.

"It's nothing like what you are thinking.." Nandini said with a blush.

"So he is the 'M', you got call other day...!!??" Manik asked and she nodded.

"Come let's cut the cake.." Someone called and they moved to cut the cake. Ramu kaka removed the cover to reveal the building shaped cake and he also handed over his phone and some keys in Manik's hand.

 Ramu kaka removed the cover to reveal the building shaped cake and he also handed over his phone and some keys in Manik's hand

"Manik beta...that's for you..your private farmhouse...." Nyonika said from the other side while Manik said "Thank you Mom.."

"Wow...Manik...This is so beautiful..You have to show the house tonight itself..." Nandini said excitingly.

"Sure Nandu..as you say..Mom..I will call you later..Thanks ocne again,,," He said and cut the call.

He cut the cake and then the friends danced in pairs.

They then drove to the farmhouse as Nandini asked and spent the night there while Maddy was happy seeing Manik so happy with Nandini and friends.

"Who is hell is this Nandini...!! I need to find out.." Nyonika thought and called her PA to book tickets to India.

Ignore mistakes...