FORTY-SEVEN

I feel dizzy. There is a dull throbbing inside my head. The last thing I remember is Tyler looking down at me as I passed out. So, I don't know where I am. The fear of the unknown jostles me awake. The room is very dimly lit and from the looks of it, it seems I am still at the hospital. Why did Tyler drug me if he was just going to keep me here?

Before my mind can race through a million possibilities to explain what is going on, my charging thoughts are interrupted with voices coming from the hallway just outside the room.

"Well, if she was okay, then will somebody tell me why the fuck my mate is passed out in there?" Liam's voice thunders through the hospital walls.

Liam's voice. He's okay. The adrenaline that rushes through my body immediately makes me sit up and get down from the bed.

"Alpha, we can explain," a trembling voice answers Liam that sounds like it belongs to Olivia.

In my rushed attempt to get out of the bed, I end up feeling lightheaded and grab the nearest IV stand for support, knocking it down with a loud bang in the process.

The door flies open and a very worried looking Liam steps inside.

"Liam," I rush towards him with tears already pooling in my eyes.

He runs to me and instantly engulfs me in his strong, muscular arms. My mind and body finally feel at ease in his embrace. He pulls away to look at my face, both his hands cupping my cheeks, and places a hard kiss onto my lips. I kiss him back with the same strength, as if trying to breathe life into him so he can never be taken away from me again.

"April, baby, I'm so glad you're okay," he mumbles in between kisses.

"Me? You scared the shit out of me. Don't ever do that again," I sniffle and he wipes the tears away with the pads of his thumbs.

I hug him again. With my head resting on his shoulder, I can finally look at everyone standing here. I immediately stiffen as my gaze lands on Tyler.

"You," I say accusingly, pulling away from Liam and pointing my index finger at him.

"April, what's wrong," Liam inquires, his voice laced with concern.

"He's the one that drugged me."

Within the next second, Liam's hand is wrapped around Tyler's throat, pushing him against the wall.

"Liam, I can explain," he croaks out.

"Alpha, please, let him go. It was me. I asked him to do it," Lilith, who had been quietly standing in the corner up till now, speaks up.

Liam slowly lets Tyler go who falls to his knees, coughing and finally able to breathe again.

"Give me one good reason why I shouldn't kill you right now," Liam speaks to Lilith, his voice almost a roar. 

"It is like I told you before, the Luna, she is special. She can do things. Impossible things that no wolf has ever been able to do before," she rumbles on before Liam interrupts her.

"Lilith, if you don't start making sense within the next five seconds, so help me Moon Goddess," he groans while curling his hands into fists.

"April, please," Rayna speaks up and looks at me with pleading eyes. She knows her grandmother is going to take forever to explain anything and it is pretty clear that Liam does not have the patience for that right now.

"If we can all sit down somewhere calmly, I can explain the whole situation to you," she begs.

I reach for Liam's hand and hold it in both of of mine. He turns around to look at me and I nod, agreeing with Rayna. Perhaps she is right and we all need to calm down first.