FIFTY-SEVEN

Now that Daxton and his pack was dealt with, there was still one thing left to do. Even though we had an actual battle and I almost died, this still felt more difficult.

It was time to send Erica back home and to inform the parents of those young girls that Daxton had murdered, about everything that had transpired.

Liam and I stand a good distance away from the house. Far enough away so that no one might be able to spot us. Michael and Erica walk up the short staircase, knocking on the door to her house. My heart flutters in my chest as the door squeaks open. I watch as someone wraps Erica in their arms and from the rise and fall of their shoulders, it is evident they are crying. A stray tear finds its way into my eye as well, overlooking the happy reunion.

Then Erica takes a step back and introduces Michael. During the time spent in Wolf Moon, Erica and Michael had definitely gotten closer and I'm sure she will soon join him by his side as his Luna.

After the demise of Daxton, his father was imprisoned. It turns out, he was the one that had initially started this whole witch-hunt. First to overthrow Liam and take his place as the head of Alphas, and then Daxton had joined him in his search for me. Both looking to score two birds with one stone. It was easy to deal with him as after Daxton endangering the lives of everyone in the battlefield for his own selfish gains, even his own pack had turned against him. He tried hiding from us but it wasn't hard to capture him since everyone around him wanted him gone as well.

I don't know how much time passes until the door opens again and both Erica and Michael step out. Even though Erica had asked to go with Michael to the other girls' house, I didn't expect her to actually do it, especially after just being reunited with her family. But she had been with them in their last moments and wanted to be there when the terrible news was broken to their parents. Here she was, acting more like a Luna already.

Michael was everyone's first choice to take over as the next Alpha of Blood Moon. Not just Liam and the other Alphas, but even his pack members had happily welcomed the change in authority. Unfortunately, with that also came the responsibility to visit the girls' families.

He would take them to where their daughters were buried and tell them with as much detail as was safe to divulge, what had happened to them. How they were kidnapped and murdered by a monster. How their daughters had become his victims, not by doing anything wrong, but by simply being in the wrong place at the wrong time.

All we could do was hope that the news of their killer's death would help bring in some sort of closure to them. They could rest, knowing their daughters' deaths were avenged, and the disgusting human being who had chosen to hurt them would never lay a hand on anyone, ever again.