THIRTY-THREE

Liam

Tonight has been perfect.

My mind keeps drifting back to the moment I had with April. The fact that she was ready to ditch the party to be with me has been on my mind all night and is driving me insane. I'm pretty sure I've spent most of the night staring at her, but if I'm being honest, I don't think there's anything else worth looking at, anyway.

She looks so hot in that dress and watching her walk around so many unmated wolves looking like that has River itching to mark her so everyone knows she is mine. All I want, is to take her back home, rip that dress off of her, and claim every inch of her skin.

I was lost staring at her once again, when Jason came over and distracted me from my dirty thoughts. I have been talking to him for a few minutes but my mind is still focused on her as I look at her from the corner of my eye. My spectacular view is blocked, all of a sudden, as Zara comes to stand in front of me.

"Well, there you are. I've been looking for you everywhere," she slurs.

"What do you want, Zara?" I retort, the irritation clear in my voice.

"Can't I just want to talk to you," she gives me a sly smile.

"I don't have anything to talk to you about," I dismiss her and turn to face Jason.

"I'm sure we can figure something out," she adds as she trails her finger across my arm. She really doesn't know when to quit. Behind her shoulder, I spot April glare at me before she gets up and walks out of the room, almost tripping on her way. I look down at Zara and push her hand away.

"I have a mate, Zara. Stay the fuck away from me," I growl at her and run after April.

Stepping out of the room, I see no sign of her. I look around but she is nowhere to be seen. I decide to head over to the dining hall and search for her there. I sigh in relief when I see her exiting the hall.

April almost falls as she runs into me in the hallway. I catch her and she tries to steady herself.

"Maybe you should stop drinking," I say, looking at the fresh drink in her hand, as I place my hands on her shoulders, holding her in place.

"Where is that whore," she hisses looking behind me.

"Who," I ask, still focusing on her balance and making sure she is good.

"You know exactly who," she chides as she glares at me.

"April, are you jealous," I chuckle. She looks so cute, I can't help myself. Goddess, if she knew the things going on in my head, she would never worry about someone as inconsequential as Zara.

"She's the one that should be jealous," she growls, gulping down her drink and placing the empty glass on a console table.

"I'll show her," she mumbles to herself and then grabs my arm, dragging me back to the common room. Most of the people have left and someone has finally lowered the volume of the music.

April's eyes scan the room and finally land on Zara who is glaring back. The audacity of this girl, honestly. I begin to worry, thinking April is definitely going to hurt her tonight, but instead of going to her, she grabs my collar and pulls me towards her, slamming her lips against mine. I'm shocked at first but in just a moment, an approving growl rumbles in my chest as I grab her by the waist and kiss her back. She kisses me hungrily, like she has something to prove, and I love every second of it.

"Ooh, it's finally happening." Tyler's annoying voice interrupts us and she pulls away.

"Just marking my territory," April slurs. "But you're welcome to watch," she winks at him.