TWENTY

The ceremony is in a few hours. I've been lazing around all morning and if I don't start getting ready now, there is no chance I will make it in time. I finally gather the strength to get up and hop into the shower. Once I'm done, I brush my teeth and dry my hair. I decide to set my hair in loose curls. My makeup is minimal, with a light smoky eye and a nude lipstick that has a slight pink tint. I finally put on the dress and wear silver heels that I also bought yesterday.

I am almost done with everything when there is a knock on my door. The intoxicating scent hits me before I even open the door and my gaze meets Liam's. He is wearing a black tux with a white shirt and a black bowtie. His hair is combed back and his face looks recently shaven. I can feel my heartbeat accelerate as I look at the handsome man before me. It's infuriating that he can make me feel like this and still be the most irritating person I have ever met.

"Are you ready," he asks, bringing me out of my daze.

"Yeah, almost. Just a sec," I say as I run back to find some earrings. I choose a long, silver, dangling pair and quickly put it on.

"Alright, all done," I say quietly as I go back to meet him. I can feel him eyeing me up and down.

"You look beautiful," he says in a such a low voice, I almost miss it.

"Uh thanks," I mumble as I lift my head to meet his stare and immediately feel the blood rushing to my cheeks. His eyes keep flickering between grey and gold.

He extends his arm towards me and I gently grab it.

It's almost a five minute walk from the house to the huge front yard of the pack house where the ceremony is taking place. There is a thin coat of snow sticking to the ground and I'm thankful for the support of Liam's arm, otherwise walking on the snow in these heels sounds like a very difficult task.

We complete the walk in silence and reach the massive ground that has been set up for the ceremony. There is a small stage on one side and a huge carpeted dance floor in the middle. Tables with drinks and food are placed on the sides along with a bunch of small round dining tables with chairs around them. Each table has a vase of flowers on it and a few small candles burning. Small fairy lights hang on the trees surrounding the area. A few large lights from the pack house are directed towards the front yard, illuminating everything beautifully.

Liam introduces me to a few people once we get there. People from various packs have arrived to attend the ceremony. Everyone gets very shocked when they learn about my heritage and the fact that I lived with humans most of my life despite having a wolf.

Amy comes and drags me away from Liam to meet her parents, who seem like the sweetest people. After meeting people for what feels like hours, Amy and I finally get some time to check out the dinner tables. We grab some food and sit at one of the dining tables to eat. Soon it's time for Liam to be sworn in as the new Alpha and Robert invites us over near the stage. Liam and I stand in front of the stage as Robert gets on it to begin the ritual.

"Ladies and gentlemen, I proudly welcome you all to the most awaited Alpha Ceremony of the year," Robert bellows with a huge smile.

"I am so happy to finally hand over the reigns to my dear son, Liam," he says while pointing towards him.

"Liam, please come and join me on the stage so you can be sworn in and I can finally retire," he chuckles. This earns him a laugh from the audience.

Liam walks up to the stage, his demeanour is calm but there is a strong aura around him. Every one is silent as Liam takes his place beside Robert.

There is a small, square table placed on the stage with a silver chalice, two knives, and a book resting on it. Robert picks up the book and Liam and him stand facing each other.