Chapter 1

THE THIRD WORD

Internet connects the whole world. A person from the North Pole can text, call, or video call a person living in the South Pole by downloading an App. Amazing, isn't it?

Well not for me. Internet became my worst nightmare.

I was just a teenage girl, living a very normal life, or not. I was in my last year of High School. Although I got good grades and had loving parents, what I didn't have were friends. For a few years, until I was 15, I used to think that having friends wasn't a life process anyway so it was okay not to have friends, but ever since I turned 17, I was called different names like 'loner' and 'outcast' and I thought 'God I need to make at least one friend.'

After a lot of attempts of making friends and failing every time, I at least had someone who ate with me during lunch. Stace. She was a new student and kind-hearted. She had friends but they didn't like the canteen food and always went out to eat, leaving Stace behind, which is why she accompanied me to lunch. Trust me, it was only a week since we had started eating together and we already got used to each other.

I wish I had never met her.

Two Years Ago

1st November

"Come on! You can't be a bore for your whole life." Stace said while sitting opposite to me at the table, in the canteen.

"But that's going too far okay? I'd rather be a bore my whole life." I reasoned myself.

"You're going to regret this." She said with disappointment and sipped on her coffee.

"Stace look, I'm not that desperate to have friends and I have you." I said like I was so sure of it.

"Me? Oh god, Gwen. You know we only meet here and I'm in a different class already. I just don't want you to be a loner alright? At this age, you're supposed to have a boyfriend but you don't even have a friend." She said.

"Okay." I put my hands on the table," What do you want me to do?"

"You know it already. Ethan is the most popular guy. Go talk to him." She suggested.

"You-- Are you making fun of me? You even mentioned he's the school hunk. You're looking down on me aren't you, because I can never talk to him." I said.

"You don't have the guts to do it, just say so." She said.

"Why him? Why not some simple guy? I just need a friend." I said.

"Come on, he's awesome okay? Don't you know about him?" She asked and I shook my head.

She didn't know that I knew a lot about Ethan already.

I mean, I would know about someone whom I had admired since two years, wouldn't I?

"Damn. He's the best student in his grade and he's not egoistic just because he's attractive like other dudes. He doesn't even talk much but if you manage to be his friend, everyone will run after you to be friends with you. And then, not one but many people will be friends with you." She said as if she was explaining a grand plan of stealing Ethan to me. Sure, it was like boy-heist. Note the sarcasm, don't laugh like an idiot.

"Are you selling a product or something?" I laughed," I have seen him once or twice but from a distance. Doesn't he have a brother? I could approach him instead." I said, blabbering whatever shit was coming in my head to prevent her from getting suspicious of me.

"Don't even think about it. He's the exact opposite of Ethan. He doesn't talk with his mouth but hands." She said.

The lunch break got over so we headed back to our classes and didn't talk about it for a few days.

Honestly, I was interested in Ethan but I didn't have the guts to talk to him. I couldn't talk to any guy without looking down. I was really shy and felt awkward whenever I had to face guys.

A\N 

Hey there fellow readers~

I know you're going to complain about how short the chapters are, which I know, is a problem. But I request you to have some patience. I had my reasons to make the chapters short but in later chapters I've increased the length.

Thanks for reading my story. 

A vote and few comments are much appreciated!