69: Back on track

And just like that everything was right side up and perfect. And everyone made up and all was good!

In what kind of emotionally distant and unthought of world would that happen. I mean seriously?!

No, in reality it wasn't an instantanious fix, it wasn't even a complete fix.

Over the coming month, Izuku did try and reconnect, slowly opening back up to them, starting with Mei and working her way through the group couples one by one. But by bit they proved they weren't going to hurt her, step by step they slowly started to get back their Izuku, not the jumpy hostile girl they've come to know.

In fact it took two weeks until Izuku even stepped back into hers and Mei's shared dorm, instead of crashing on Aizawa's couch. That alone was a massive step for the greenie, even if it took another few days for her to even stay over for a night and another couple for her to even sleep with Mei again. Needless to say the moment Izuku came back, Mei finally got a proper meal instead of instant packaged food.

Even then though, there were relapses. Days were not even Mei would see Izuku's actual body as the smaller girl kept Venom surrounding her. On these days Mei not only wouldn't be able to see Izuku, or even hug her. Though these decreased in quantity as time moved on and the rift shrank between them, the incidents never truely stopped.

On these days, even Aizawa and Rai knew just to let the girl have space. To let her work thorugh the assault of emotions and intrusive thoughts that assaulted her mind. Though throughout this period she wasn't left completely alone, with both Nezu and Venom watching over her, she was kept safe, stoppped from following the thoughts that attacked her mind.

And so things progressed, classes moved on and the students power grew. Well minus the tormentors as they were kept in a near constant state quirk suppression and while they may have been powerless, none of them had sunk to the level of hurting the weak and helpless. It's almost as if it's exactly what should have happened when the roles were reveresed all those years ago.

And then came the work studies, out of nowhere they were faced with the big three. The powerhouses of the school... who Izuku completely swept the floor with. Impressing the blond permeation quirk user in which he invited her over to his agency to meet his mentor, Sir Nighteye.

Which is how the two ended up staring confused at a blue woman strapped up to some sort of tickle torture machine as a lanky man with dark green hair stood over her, humming and jarring.

'SIR!' Mirio yelled stepping into the room, 'I HAVE ARRIVED WITH MY KOHAI!'

The man spared a glance at the two juxtoposing figures at the door and sneered, his blank yet worn walls extenuating his attitude even more. At the click of his fingers the restraints loosend as the woman fell to the floor with Mirio suddenly by her side of the spluttering sidekick.

Mirai Sasaki levelled his gaze on Izuku, studying every inch of the dominating, goop covered figure before him, his face remaining in contempt before he made a decision.

'You two out,' He said, still holding eye contact with Izuku's false goop head.

'Si-' Mirio tried to call out.

'No arguing, no fighting. Out now.'

No more words were said as Bubble girl leaned on the senior intern as they slowly left the room, closing the door and locking it. Leaving the two powerhouses in the cramped space.

'Honestly,' The man started, breaking the silence, 'I don't want you here, I-'

The man's tiride was cut off by a small string of sobs eminating from the chest of the other person in the room. A look of shock overtook the man's features as the figure in front of him shrunk as the goop retracted back into the small greenete's body, revealing her small form.

'Uncle Mimi?' The tear filled teen bumbled.

This time, the lanky male fell to his knees, 'Izu-bean?'

'UNCLE!' She yelled, jumping forward into her uncle's arms as teh two embraced.

'Izu-bean, it's been so long. I can't remember the last time I saw you, you were barely up to my knees you little broccoli.'

'Uncle!' She continued sobbing into his shoulder.

'And then I found out what that mother loving jelly bean did to you, what he put you through you're entire childhood. I always asked but then I never visited, I trusted him. And now... look where it lead me! If I could I'd jump that man as soon as he started hurting you!'

Izuku sniffed, 'How would you have known though? You trusted him beacause he's your friend, he's the number one hero... it makes sense how you would trust him. You're reason makes sense but...'

'No it's not fair on you! I understand why you say this but even then I hurt you, I became a part of it when I did nothing.'

'You can't blame yourslef for a sitation beyond your scope.'

The man chuckled drawing the girl back to face him, 'You're using my own words against me now? Oh woe is me.'

Izuku giggled as she cuddled back up to the formal suited hero. 'So does this mean I can work here, oh defeated foe?'

Mirai chuckled softly running his hand through his lost nieces fluffy hair, 'Only if I get cuddling privaliges back, god you're as fluffy as I remember. If not more!'

'Hehe, Mei's helping with my hair care. At least that's what she says to me.'

'Oh, a lover maybe!'

'...yes...no...yes...I think...'

'Complicated?'

Izuku nodded, 'She hurt me a while ago... but she's working hard to fix it...'

'So trust her. I mean anyone who can make you even more adorable is someone to be treasured you little carrot top.' He teased as he reached out tickling the greenete.

The girl burst into laughter on the onslaught of tickles, as she curled up around the lanky man's arm and drifted off into a peaceful state, neither awake or asleep. Just at peace, reuniting with another one of her lost, disillusioned and distanced family members.