06.

Matt, the physician, turned out to be a pretty nice middle-aged man, he has his hair buzzed short and has this kind vibe to him, but he is sure as hell intimidating.

Coach even more so.

He holds authority, and I'm sure he screams a lot to his players. I'm sure it is, so they stay focused, but I don't like it.

People call him coach like that is his name, even though I'm pretty sure it's not. I think it's a sports thing, some players going by their last names like Milan does—I like his first name more, but apparently, he goes by Taylor.

"During the training, there is not much to do since they're pretty calm and easy, but the games can get rough. So be prepared for that," Matt explains.

I nod and gulp in response.

I hope I will survive the games. I've seen hockey on television before, and the way some players are mauled into the wall is quite scary.

Not soon after, the boys come out to get on the ice. When I'm not paying attention, I feel two arms wrap around my shoulders from behind and someone towering over me.

"Kiya, darling, you made it!" I hear, and when he lets go, I come eye-to-eye with Taylor.

I'm surprised by Taylor greeting me like that.

"Sure did," I smile at him. I like Taylor. I had expected the whole team to have forgotten me after that party, "now get on the ice. I'm dying to see if you're any good."

"I will surprise you, darling." He smirks and then gets on the ice.

I watch him as he skates around. He shows off some tricks trying to impress me. His attempts at figure skating have me raising my thumbs to him, and I smile at him.

I recognize some of the other boys from the party on the ice now. Some I even know by name. In my freshman year, Tamara would never shut up about some of the juniors on the team—who are now seniors.

For the first time, I see Del on the ice and get to experience up close how good he is. I know he is a junior but managed to get the captain position on the team, which sounds promising, but I've never actually seen him play.

I watch as he skates. I wouldn't be able to say anything about his technique as I'm a bit clueless about everything revolving around hockey.

I have never actually skated myself, for some reason I never did it even though I've had the opportunity. I guess I was too self-conscious about everyone looking at me if I were to fall which I for sure would.

Maybe one of them can teach me.

The training is quite enjoyable to watch. I focus on Gabe and Taylor the most as I consider them my friends now. However, I can't help to let my eyes go to Del every once in a while, the power his shots at the goal have, and how he masters the ice.

I need to ask Gabe later if something is going on between him and Del. There had to be a reason for Del to act the way he did when I was talking with Gabe.

Del didn't show any interest in me before, so why now? I thought he didn't like me.

When practice is over, the boys go back to the locker room. But Taylor and Gabe quickly stopped by me first.

"How about you come to another party this weekend? We all loved having you there," Taylor says.

"Oh um, I don't know... I have to see." I say, a little unsure. Another party? The last time was fine, but parties make me nervous in general.

"How about you come and get dinner with a few of the boys first and then the party," Gabe offers.

I think that might be better. Just because one party was a success doesn't mean I'm some girls-gone-wild party girl now. It took a lot of commitment to go to the first one already—twice in one week is pushing it.