19.

Midterms are over. It was stressful.

I managed to do all my exams and hand in the essay due in the same week. I think I did alright, it wasn't too hard, and I knew how to answer most questions.

Because of the midterms, I have missed out on the hockey practices. Matt told me I didn't have to come in and focus on my school work.

Missing hockey and spending most of my time in the library meant I didn't see Del. With no really, I mean not at all. For some reason, I didn't see him anywhere for a whole week—not in our building, nor at school.

I missed him.

Today I'll see him again.

He said he would drive me to practice, so I expect him to knock on the door any second now. I'm just sitting here in the chair facing the door. I have my phone in my hand. I glance at it every few seconds to check the time.

I'm nervous. I don't know what to expect from Del. How will he behave towards me after this week? We didn't leave things badly, the complete opposite actually, but over a week has passed. He has had enough time to reflect and change his mind about me.

The redeeming sound of knocking then finally sound on my door. I stand up, tighten my ponytail and skip over there. Despite my nerves, I'm still very excited to see him.

I pull the door open, and there he stands. Our eyes meet, and a grin spreads on his face.

"Ice baby, I missed you." He says and pulls me in for a longing hug.

His embrace is strong. He holds me tightly to his body. I breathe him in, gathering his scent as it invades my nostrils. I love how he smells. I've become well acquainted with it by now.

"Hi," I breathe out into his neck.

We don't let go of each other for a while. I finally feel at ease being in Del's arms. All the stress I've endured this past week has now evaporated. The hug reassures me of his feelings for me. I know now it had just gotten to my head—again.

He cares for me. He didn't change his mind; our feelings are mutual.

I never knew I could fall for someone this quickly. But now, here in Del's arms, I know I'm falling for him—hard and deep.

He kisses my temple, his lips grazing my skin.

"You ready to go?" he asks as we break apart.

I nod at him. He reaches out for my hand to entwine them together. It is so casual to do now like we're a couple already.

We still need to have a conversation about where we stand, but it's pretty clear we're both gravitating towards the same thing.

"How was your week?" I ask him as we get downstairs.

"Pretty much the same as yours, except I also had practice."

We reach his car and get in.

"That must've been a lot."

"I enjoyed it most. I needed to relieve some stress, and that helped. I missed seeing you there, though." He pouts.

"Well, I'm back now." I smile at him and earn a big smile back from him.

We drive along the road. Most trees are empty now this late October. I've now been on the team for almost a month, but I've grown to love it. I've found my place in the group. All the guys are so amicable—I've made some genuine friends.

I've only been to one game this far. But I will be joining for another game tomorrow. I'm excited and scared for this one at the same time. It will be a home game, meaning the whole school will be there.