20.

He breaks the kiss for a few seconds to ask.

"There is no way I deserve this kiss," He mumbles against my lips.

"Shut up,"

I press my lips against his lips again, letting my tongue invade his mouth again, so he has to shut up.

His hands are fisting my hair while my hands are holding his cheeks. A tingling feeling runs through my bones—as I feel his mouth on mine.

Feverishly I kiss him.

It is the first time I have taken the initiative to kiss him.

What he said to Tamara, and how he defended me. It just—it was all I needed to hear.

My heart lurched when I had processed what he did for me. He chose me over my nemesis, again. He chooses me.

It was the ultimate test. I know I can fully count on Del and even trust him. I will stop doubting his actions. Not anymore, because I know how hard it also was for him, what he just did. He still has some feelings for her. I know that for sure.

Last time I saw how he was caught off guard and needed some time to recover before he could stand with me. But this time, there was no doubt. He picked me over the woman he had once loved.

Our lips move in sync. I want to climb over the center console and place myself onto Del's lap to claim his mouth with mine fully, but I refrain from doing so. We should keep things PG for a little longer.

Although, it might be too late for that. I'm pretty sure my panties are ruined by now.

I have felt like I might be able to take it a step further. During the week I didn't see Del, I kept imagining what it might be like to be intimate with him. Right now, I have to admit I'm pretty eager to try.

I trust him. I only wanted this relationship any further if I could trust him. And I do now.

However, I should wait it out for a little more. If we do it now, I feel like it would be too rushed; Del wouldn't think it's genuine. It wouldn't be properly thought-through. I can't afford to make irrational choices when it comes to that—I can't risk regretting it later.

I part our lips.

I rest my forehead against his.

I can feel his warm palm on my cheek. I pull back and open my eyes. I wait for him to open his before I speak again.

"Thank you," I whisper.

I search his eyes; I need to make sure he gets it. I meant it with all I have. I can thank him for so many things already. He is slowly helping me get out of my shell.

Our connection is something very special to me. We might not have liked each other for a long time, that doesn't matter. I can't bear the thought of losing Del, not now.

"You never have to thank me, ice baby." He sighs, his warm breath against my lips.

I nod at him.

"We should probably go now," He says and pulls back, "I think we have gotten some spectators."

I already had gotten the feeling someone was looking at us. But I had thought it was Tamara. Now that I have a better view of my surroundings, I can see half the hockey team trying to peak into our car.

My cheeks have reddened, and I look down, feeling a little embarrassed about the whole situation. If it wasn't clear, I don't like to be the one with the attention and eyes on them.

I try to hide my face by disappearing in the hoodie I'm wearing today.

Del has a different reaction to the one I had. I feel like he is never embarrassed about anything.