35.

I am fucking amazing. And I feel amazing.

I'm unstoppable.

"Gabe! Take another shot with me!" I scream as he comes into my view.

I try to jump over a chair to reach him. Unsuccessfully, my foot doesn't quite make it over the chair, hooking around it and making me and the chair plummet to the floor. Luckily for me, Gabe—my savior—caught me before I was able to lick the dirt off his shoes.

"Wow, Kiya. Be careful, please. I don't want to make a little trip to the hospital now, would we?" He scolds me.

I pout at him.

"I just want to take another shot with you."

I'm the queen of shots tonight. I've done so many already, more than I've ever done in a night. I'm not exactly able to walk a straight line anymore, me trying to get to Gabe being the proof of that.

"I don't think you should take another shot, babe." He declines my offer.

"Please, just one. I'm invincible tonight. The alcohol can't catch me."

I look at him with puppy eyes. I try to look as sad as I can to get my way. Gabe seems to be thinking of what to do. I reach out and hold his upper arm to persuade him.

"One more shot, and then you're not going to touch any more liquor, okay?" Gabe gives in.

I smirk internally—he can't resist me.

I grab his hand and drag him over to the kitchen with me. I snatch a bottle of tequila off the counter. With tequila in my hand, I open the cabinets, searching for the vital ingredients. I find the salt on a shelf and take it. Then from the fruit bowl, I get a lemon.

In a drawer, I find a big knife to slice it. Before I get the chance, Gabe's hand covers mine.

"How about you let me cut that—I don't want you to lose a finger over a shot." I open my mouth to argue, but he stops me, "and don't fight me on this. It's not happening."

I watch as he cuts two slices of lemon before hiding the knife, preventing some drunk person from being able to grab it.

He hands me my lemon slice and the salt. I squeeze some lemon juice into my hand before pouring the salt on it. I make him do the same.

"Look me in the eyes!" I scream.

"Jeez, like I would forget. I taught you this. Let's not forget."

I look him in the eyes when I clink my shot glass against his. I swiftly lick the salt off my hand before throwing the shot back and biting into my lemon.

I squeeze my eyes tightly shut as the burn from the shot hits me.

What a fucking sensation. My jaw is tingling.

"Woohoo, see you later, Gabe." I cheer before storming out of the kitchen, not letting him follow me.

What happens after that shot is mostly a blur. I'm almost blackout drunk. I didn't stop at that shot. Nobody was there to stop me, maybe because I stumbled into another house with another party.

I danced a lot, maybe even ground against strangers.

Did I kiss someone? Maybe?

Who is this, Kiya? I like her.

"Hey Tamara, come do a shot with me."

My clouded mind is not able to flag situations anymore. Sober, I would say this is a big red flag.

"Kiya, I'm not in the mood for you right now. Go bother your boyfriend." She sounds exasperated.

Mean.