-𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐒𝐓𝐀𝐑𝐓-

𝐌𝐀𝐆𝐆𝐈𝐄 𝐒𝐓𝐀𝐑𝐊
𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐑𝐄𝐃 𝐑𝐎𝐎𝐌
𝐒𝐈𝐁𝐄𝐑𝐈𝐀, 𝐑𝐔𝐒𝐒𝐈𝐀
1995

“With the lights out, it's less dangerous”

𝐈𝐓 𝐖𝐀𝐒 𝐃𝐀𝐑𝐊 𝐖𝐇𝐄𝐑𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐑 𝐒𝐇𝐄 𝐖𝐀𝐒,

and it smelled of something sterile, when Maggie awoke groggily in the strange room. When she tried to sit up, she found her movements felt restricted. With her vision clearing up, she looked down to see she was strapped down to what looked like a medical chair, and all around her she saw medical supplies or devices.

Panic and fear started to fill the young girl as she tried to free herself from the chair but in the end all she did was thrash.

"Mom!" she cried out, with a hoarse voice.

Hoping in her childish ways that her mother would come and save her. But thinking of her mom she was reminded of her siblings, of the last moments she had seen them before everything had gone black and that's when she fought harder to free herself.

Thinking of how scared her siblings had been and that all they had was each other now, she needed to be with her sisters. Her family, then everything would be okay.

"Natalia!" she screamed. "Yelena!"

But there was no answer, only the echoing of her screams. Maggie tried not to cry and to think with a rational mind but in the end all she could do was cry, trapped in the medical room.

Her body shook with fear as she tried over and over again to free herself of the straps of the medical table.

Her voice almost inaudible to the many times she screamed out for her mother and her sisters, hell even for Alexei to come and save her.