Chapter 3...

The next morning was Christmas Eve, which meant I had no work until Monday; four days away. I was looking forward to no work for a few days, and just to relax a bit. But it seemed my plan for relaxing wasn't going to happen quite yet.

My phone ringing jerked me awake and out of the amazing dream I was having about my boss. With my heart racing, I blindly reached out for my phone. Just from the ringtone I knew who it was. All my other friends were off on vacation with family, so of course there is only one other person who would be calling me right now.

"Mr. Turner." I answered groggily. "Do you know what time it is?" It couldn't have been later than 7 o'clock and I was planning on not getting up until later on my day off.

"I need you to come to the office."

"You do realize it is my day off right?"

"I wouldn't have asked if I didn't need you." Noah couldn't see my eye roll through the phone. There have been multiple times I have been called into the office on the weekend or to his house for stupid reasons. Such as picking out a tie for him, or helping him decide where to put a new painting in his office.

"I'm on my way." I replied with my eyes still shut. Well there went my sleeping in.

Grumbling under my breath I forced myself to get out of bed. As much as I liked Noah right now I wanted to rip his head off. He clearly didn't know what the word 'day off' meant. Stumbling into the bathroom I went to wash my face and wake up a bit. If Noah was calling me in for something stupid I wasn't going to hesitate to slap him, even if he was my boss.

Dressed in a pair of jeans, a sweater and a big coat I left my apartment building. I was already dreading the cold air outside. For someone that hated the cold living in New York sucked; especially around this time of year.

I only made it a step outside of my apartment building before I was shivering. I glared at the snow on the ground as I tried to hail a taxi. Tried being the main word. My face was frozen when I finally got one to stop for me. Even though it was early and Christmas Eve there were still tons of people out, the cold doing nothing to keep them inside.

Thankfully the ride to the office didn't take long. For once I was glad my apartment wasn't too far away. I wanted to get in and out so I could go back to my warm comfy bed for the rest of the day.

After paying the driver I walked quickly into the building, soaking in the warmth. Waving to a lone security guard I used my key to get through the doors. I was trying so hard not to march right out of the elevator and go up to Noah demanding why he got me up so early. It was a lot harder to do than I thought.

The floor was completely empty and silent when I left the elevator and started for Noah's office. Everyone was gone and at home, just as I should be. Why Noah was here this early I had no clue.

"Mr. Turner?" I softly knocked on his door before peeking my head through. He was sitting at his desk, leafing through a pile of papers.

"You are here. I need your help." He didn't even look up from what he was doing.

"Please tell me I got out of bed for something really important." I walked further into the room.

"Stanford Industries wants to have a meeting with me tomorrow regarding their investments and I cannot find the file." Noah normally doesn't sound flustered at anything but the way he was flipping through the papers I knew he was.

"But tomorrow is Christmas." I spoke.

"So? I have no plans so it works out." Shaking my head I turned and left his office. "Where are you going Millie?" He called out.

Not answering I went over to my desk and the filing cabinet I had off to the side. It took me a no longer than a second to open it up and grab the Stanford Industries file. Coming back into his office I stood above him and held out the file.

"Millie I-" Noah looked up and saw me there. "How did you find it?"

"I am not your assistant for nothing." A shiver went through my body at the sound of him saying my name. The way it rolled of his tongue had me clenching my thighs together.

"What would I do without you."

"Everything would fall apart." I joked. All my anger at him for getting me up evaporated the moment I saw him. He really didn't know the power he held over me. Taking a seat across from his desk I took that moment to look him over.

Per usual he was wearing black dress pants and a light grey button up shirt. The man never wore anything casual I swear. But damn could he pull of a suit. They fit him like a glove and showed off his wide shoulders and muscular arms. Don't even get me started on how he looked when he rolled the sleeves of his shirt up.

"You are really going to work tomorrow?" I questioned suddenly.

"Yes. Is that a big deal?" His green eyes darted up to mine briefly.

"It is Christmas Noah you shouldn't be working."

"I don't do Christmas so why not work."

I instantly felt bad. He had no one to celebrate it with and I bet he didn't want to go home to an empty house either. That is probably one of the reasons he didn't like this holiday. He shouldn't be alone. So I stupidly said the first thing that came to mind.

"Celebrate it with me."