65- A total Rollercoaster

Long Chapter Ahead!! Enjoy!!

Raghav's POV:

Eighteenth birthday; usually known as the first benchmark, after which 25th, 50th etc benchmarks follow.

Of course nothing physically changes between our 17 year body and 18 year body, but many other things does. That's the day when we turn into adults. It is a special day, which most of us desperately await.

Sia did too. Not to acquire the voting rights or to get allowed to the places that were 'adults only', but to get away from her father.

Yes, she had stayed with us in the name of vacation; but now she legally wanted to part away from him. And I supported her decision. I had already prepared everything and was just waiting for her birthday. After becoming an adult, she didn't need her parent's permission to change her surname.

Sia removed herself from her family tree and joined ours. From that day onwards, she took on our surname and became my sister legally.

It was our luck that Tanya's parents didn't realize anything. They gave into my sweet talk (actually Rishi's because I don't have that talent) and let it all happen.

Rishi had gone to them, dressed as their son-in-law(me) and took out all the necessary documents. They readily agreed thinking I was investing in their name and that money would come back to them.

The means were wrong, but our intention wasn't to harm them. It was the opposite. We wanted to save Sia from getting harmed by them.

We were happy that Sia was free from their clutches and won't have to go through the situations Tanya did. Sia was finally a free bird. However in all these, the girl never got to celebrate the birthday like an regular eighteen year old would. There was no party, no enjoyment, only the relief that she was free.

Tanya was already sad that Sia didn't get the happiness she deserved but her leaving the town in the following week totally destroyed her. She tried hard to look happy and encouraged Sia with all her might. There wasn't a single moment where she showed her sadness. But the second Sia left, the spark of Tanya's eyes disappeared too.

Unknown to herself, Tanya was really expressive. Her eyes gave away her true feelings. It was only through them, I understood her fear at the start of our marriage. And now her eyes were the only ones who informed me about her sadness behind her wide smile.

★★★★★

Tanya was missing Sia's presence. And to avoid thinking about her, she spent almost her whole time in her academy. Even after coming home, she busied herself with the house work. We tried stopping her as she was overworking her body, but she didn't listen. She even went as far as to clean everything. Just think: Tanya and Cleaning.

I didn't want her to go on the path I did. Becoming a workaholic to keep my mind away from Naina. That routine made me miss so much of the fun, family moments and so many things, life had to offer me. Even now, I had trouble adjusting while trying to stop overworking. It was so hard to leave that nature.

Although I wished to spend more time at home, I rushed off to work whenever something happened. The time didn't matter, my wish to spend time with my family didn't matter, I just couldn't stop it on my will.

I understood that she was missing Sia. Heck, we all were. When we got attached to Sia in such a small time of her living with us, then Tanya, she was her sister. It was obvious that Tanya got affected the most. I understood all of it, yet I couldn't let Tanya follow the same path like me. I had to do something and hence I called upon my most trusted people.

"Don't you think, calling us in the office for anything other than work matters isn't fair?" Rishi asked with gritted teeth.

"Like you only work and don't do anything else", I snorted.