34- PhD in Embarrassment

Raghav's POV:

I was well aware of Rishi's nature yet listening to his words broke my heart.

"This seems to be a miracle. Raghav has never agreed to attend such parties. I tried once or twice, thinking he would loosen up. But it had a reverse effect. He had started hating those parties even more", Rishi spoke with a small laugh.

I was thinking to go join them so he would shut up, but before I could take a step, I heard him commenting about me again.

"The guy seriously does not know how to have fun", Rishi sighed dejectedly.

My face scrunched up and my fist tightened as fury spread across my whole body. Before I could act on my anger, Trisha's words poured upon it as cool water.

"It is not necessary for everyone to have same definition of fun. If Raghav likes to enjoy his time differently, then so be it", Trisha spoke, hitting the back of Rishi's head.

"Stop making fun of him now. And let's celebrate as he has agreed to come with us this time". Trisha clasped her hands in happiness.

"No, he won't be coming and nor would I", Tanya spoke, shocking everyone.

"Whyyyy?" Trisha whined. "Even Raghav agreed to come. Then what is the problem?"

Tanya snorted, before questioning them, "Do you really think we would be able to enjoy, knowing fully well that Raghav is feeling uneasy? I don't know if you can, but I definitely cannot ignore it.

"It's just a party in a pub that too with people who don't like me. It's not like I would be missing out too much. I can always go later alone or with you, Trisha.

"You guys enjoy, okay. Let's end this topic and wait for me downstairs. I will come after informing Raghav", saying this Tanya turned around to come back into the room and caught me eavesdropping on them.

                         ★★★★★

Tanya's POV:

Raghav looked at me wide eyed upon being caught. Before I could say anything, he gestured me to stay quite by placing his finger upon his mouth.

He let out a sigh of relief when Trisha and Rishi left.

"Uh huh! The sweet and obedient Raghav, eavesdropping on others. I never thought that I would be alive to see this day", I teased and the red hue that formed on Raghav's cheeks was to die for.

"Raghav and embarrassed. This day needs to be written in golden letters. This is totally epic", I spoke while laughing.

"Obviously its epic. Not everyone has PhD on embarrassing themselves like you", he grumbled.

"Sure sure. Even though you were the one who were listening on others and got embarrassed, put it all on me. I am here to take the blame", I muttered sarcastically.

He muttered a small sorry under his breath.

"What did you say? I couldn't hear you", I asked, cupping my ears.

He rolled his eyes at my antics and I bit my lips to stop my laughter.

"I said sorry, happy?"

I chuckled at the sight of him, but decided to end the teasing. He was feeling too embarrassed and like he said, he didn't have the habit of embarrassing himself, so this was enough.

"Ok ok. I know, it wasn't intentional. Chill", I said assuring him.

He smiled at me, but apologized again, "Sorry".

"Why are you saying sorry again? I already told you it's okay", I asked, looking at him with confusion.

"This sorry was for the reunion. I know you were excited to go", he explained.

I blinked at him reassuringly and told him gently, "I meant what I said to them. It is fine, I can go to that pub anytime.

"The fact that you offered to come with me leaving your discomfort behind, was enough for me. And this is the last time we are talking about this. So just stop apologizing".

He shook his head with a small smile, after hearing me. "You are something else. Any other wife would have created a ruckus in a situation like this", he spoke, actually looking surprised by my reaction.

Look at him, speaking like he knew all the wives out there. But I wasn't any less, so full on dramatically, I raised my collars. "Of course, no one else can be compared to me".

We chuckled a bit more and then I remembered that I had to go down. "I am going downstairs. Are you coming?" I asked him.

"You go first. I will come after a while".

"Okay", shrugging, I left the room.

While descending down the stairs, I made the decision to help out Mom in the kitchen. She must have been tired, cooking for so many people.

I saw Mom and Dad arguing in the kitchen and Trisha laughing when I was on the last few steps. I didn't know what to think. What must be the reason behind their fight? And why was Trisha laughing instead of trying to pacify them?

Upon seeing me Trisha stopped laughing and asked me, "Do you need something from kitchen? Wait if it is not urgent. It has turned into a war zone".

I shook my head with a chuckle as I heard her description. "I actually came to prepare dinner".

"No chance", Trisha outrightly denied, making me frown.

"Uncle already shooed me out of the kitchen. And now he is arguing with Aunt on the same matter as he is in the mood to cook", Trisha informed me laughing.

I too laughed after hearing her. "The men here are different than what I am used to", I spoke in an astonished tone.

Upon hearing me, she sobered up from her laughing and asked me in a serious tone. "You are okay right? I mean, are you having difficulty in adjusting here?

"I know Raghav is a good man but I also know the circumstances you got married. You are not facing any problems right?"

I smiled at her concern and assured her, "By saying different, I didn't mean bad different. Everyone is nice to me, even Raghav.

"My life is going better than I had imagined when I agreed for this marriage. And if something goes wrong, I will let you know, because I know my bestfriend would never make a biased decision".

Upon getting reassurance, she hugged me tightly. I was really glad to have a best friend like her. She was the person who stood by me, when no one did. She was the one with whom I could share everything without fearing about her judging me.