23- Honeymoon?😳

Tanya's POV:

Few days passed by after that fiasco and finally weekend arrived. Last weekend, Raghav had to go for work. Due to the workload, they had cancelled the holiday. I assumed that today must be the same as last weekend. But, to my surprise, I saw him cooking as I descended down the stairs.

As the house had an semi-open kitchen plan, it was easy to notice if someone was there. I stood behind the counter that acted as a kitchen divider and placed my elbows on it, looking at him cook skillfully, from behind.

"Someone finally took a break from work. Sun must have risen from west today", I commented cheekily.

He turned back to look at me and chuckled at my teasing.

"The major work has completed. So I can be at little peace now. Just supervision work is pending. If everything goes on smoothly then we can leave this town", he informed with his back to me as he concentrated on cooking.

Happiness surged through me upon hearing that. Even though, I had grown comfortable with living alone with him, I missed everyone.

"That's good to know. I am excited to reunite with everyone. It would..."

I got interrupted as the notifications from Raghav's phone started blaring. The continuous ding sound was irritating me.

"Someone must be missing you badly. Goodness!! So many messages", I remarked as his phone vibrated continuously beside me.

"What miss? Either Rishi or Trisha must be fooling around", Raghav snorted.

"Can you check the phone for me?" He asked, while showing me his hands which were full of flour.

"Sure", I shrugged and picked up his phone.

"What's the password?" I asked.

"There's none", he answered while on the same time, I muttered, "Oh! There's none".

Smiling, I checked his messages and sure enough all those messages were from Trisha through the notification bar.

"Trisha has sent some photos. Should I open them?" I inquired, not wanting to invade his privacy.

"Sure go ahead. They must be some funny memes".

They weren't the memes but photos of beautiful destinations. They were so eye pleasing. I literally awed, looking at them but then realization hit me like bricks.

'Don't tell me, these were honeymoon destinations. Was he planning for a honeymoon? I thought he knew, I was nowhere near ready for all that stuff'.

"What was it?" Raghav asked after few seconds when I didn't speak anything.

"Trisha has sent photos of few places and asked you to see if you like any one of them", I informed.

Taking a deep breathe, I gathered some courage to ask him about all this.

"Ra..Raghav", I stuttered, apparently not having gained any courage.

Hearing my hesitation, he turned to look at me, causing me to curse at myself. It was already hard when he wasn't looking. How was I supposed to ask him anything when he was looking at my eyes?

"What happened? Is there any problem?" He asked coming near me, as he saw me sweating nervously.

"Areyouplanningtogoforahoneymoon?" I asked him in one breath, closing my eyes, afraid to hear the answer.

"A little slowly this time", he requested.

I opened my one eye, but closed it back again when I made eye contact with him.

'Why couldn't he look away? This was so embarrassing'.

"Tanya, what is it?" He questioned again, softly yet firmly.

"Are..are you planning for our honeymoon?" I asked him hesitantly, looking at the counter instead of his face.

A series of coughs left his mouth, after he heard my question. I quickly went into the kitchen and patted his back, until he calmed down.

"Here". I forwarded him a glass of water after he seemed a little okay.

"Where did you get this absurd idea from?" He asked looking stunned, his cheeks red with embarrassment.

Before I could answer, he asked me another question, "Wait! Do you want to go?" He asked and this time it was my turn to be embarrassed.

"WHAT? NO!" I shouted in fright.

"I don't want to go". I later answered in a normal voice.

"Then?" He asked looking a little less flustered than before.

"Those photos...", I trailed off.

Raghav bit his lips to muffle his laugh but he couldn't control it and bursted out laughing after hearing my reason. I stood there embarrassed until he finished his laughing session.

"Sorry, so sorry for laughing", he cutely apologized, still having a huge smile on his face.

"Those photos are for Rishi's destination wedding", he clarified.

"Oh!" I muttered dumbfoundedly. I totally made a fool out of myself.

"I didn't know that Rishi and Nikhil were having a destination wedding", I spoke after I was done cursing myself.

I was little sad that Nikhil didn't tell me but I let it go thinking that maybe he was going to inform me after everything was finalized.

"But Trisha called--" Raghav stopped himself abruptly.

"Trisha called?" I raised my eyebrow, wanting him to complete his sentence as I never received Trisha's call about this topic.

Raghav ran his hand through his hairs, looking at me with a sad face, making me more curious.

"The day we decided on destination wedding, Trisha tried to call you at that moment itself", Raghav spoke in a saddened voice.

"I didn't...". What was he saying? I never received any call from her.

"The day before our marriage. Your phone was switched off and you weren't home. Later we got to know...know about...", he couldn't complete his sentence.

No wonder he looked so uncomfortable. It had already happened. There was no use of crying over spoiled milk.

"Have you all decided the date of the wedding?" I asked cheerfully, trying to change the topic.

He gave me a small smile, understanding my motive.

"Not yet. It all depends on the destination. As some places are best for winter while some are best for summer wedding. All other preparations would also happen according to the place we choose", he answered humouring me.

"Then let's hope we find the place soon".

Raghav soon washed his hands and we both looked through the photos, Trisha had sent.