33- Reunion

Raghav's POV:

I was almost done with my unpacking and the sleeping beauty was still napping peacefully. A few yawns escaped from my mouth too, informing me that I needed to finish this soon and take some rest. My eyes were drooping by the time I was done.

Laying down, I was just about to fall asleep, when loud knocks on the door, startled me.

Opening the door, I saw Rishi standing there, smiling goofily at me. I was just about to curse him, when I saw Trisha standing behind Rishi.

"Welcome back", she chirped happily.

"I am not even surprised", I quipped. "In fact, I had expected you to be here when we arrived".

She lightly hit my shoulders while frowning

"You always have a problem when I come here", she pouted sadly.

"That is so not true", Rishi denied, while putting a hand across her shoulder, standing like buddies.

"You have no idea how upset he gets whenever you leave the house", Rishi spoke further, making me blush in embarrassment.

"He is lying", I denied, trying to save my image.

"Oh! Please! I am not lying. More than once, he has cribbed about you going away. There was a time when he had a full blown meltdown. 'Why only girls need to leave their house? Bring Samar here. Then we all can live together happily'. These were his exact words", Rishi continued, while I felt like hiding myself.

"Awww". Trisha squeezed my cheeks, until I swatted her hands away.

Their teasing continued for a while. They finally stopped when Trisha remembered Tanya.

"Oh!! I totally forgot. Where is Tanya?" she asked before narrowing her eyes at me. "You should have called her the moment you saw us. You shouldn't leave your wife behind when you are enjoying", she lectured.

"I wasn't exactly enjoying", I muttered under my breath.

"What?" They asked, making me cough a little.

"She is sleeping", I answered instead. In my defence, it wasn't a lie.

"Oh!!"

I huffed internally at Trisha's dull response. Was she here just to meet Tanya? Yeah, I was jealous. Sue me. Along with my cousin, Trisha was my best friend, who just happened to have Tanya as her best friend. I didn't hate their bond but I would lying if I said that I wasn't envious of it.

I guess Rishi understood my jealousy as he changed the topic instantly. "It's a good thing that these two arrived today or they would have missed the reunion".

"Oh yes!! The reunion!!" Trisha clapped her hands in excitement.

"What is there to be so excited about?" I asked with a roll of my eyes.

"Did you not get the message about reunion?" Rishi asked with a raised eyebrow.

"I did receive the message about the stupid reunion in a stupid pub", I answered, rolling my eyes yet again.

"Look at this mood spoiler. He always hates the places, whom everyone else thinks as fun", Rishi spoke as dramatically as possible.

"What fun are you all talking about?" Tanya asked, coming towards us in a sleepy state, while rubbing her eyes.

"Looks like the sleeping beauty woke up", Trisha teased Tanya.

I internally chuckled. This was the same nickname I had addressed her with a while ago.

I came out of my thoughts and saw Rishi informing her about the reunion.

"Will I be allowed? I mean...after dad's situation...", she trailed off.

A saddened atmosphere was created as we all remembered that how Tanya was outcasted.

"There's no personal invitations. All students are invited. Even Nikhil and I are outcasted. Who cares about those people? We will just enjoy on over own", Rishi encouraged Tanya, filling excitement in everybody again.

"Yippee!! It's going to be so much fun. We will all enjoy together", Tanya said with a child-like excitement.

"For that I need your help to convince Samar. He is refusing profusely, saying that he will embarrass me by falling and losing balance. Like hell, I would be embarrassed by my love", Trisha huffed as she vented out.

"Just let him be. We can go and enjoy ourselves", Tanya suggested.

"Couple entry is mandatory", Trisha stated with an annoyed sigh.

"Then Tanya wouldn't be able to go too", Rishi commented.

"Huh?" Tanya asked, not understanding his words.

"Raghav too doesn't like all this", Trisha explained and I watched silently as Tanya's excitement drained down.

"Shall we pose as a couple and go together?" Trisha questioned, looking too serious before erupting into laughter.

"It would have been believable if this wasn't a small town and everyone didn't have the knowledge about our marriages". Tanya laughed as well, hiding the fact that she was upset.

"I can come if you really want to go", I told Tanya in a small hesitant voice.

Pub and all wasn't really my scene, but I didn't want her to miss out something because of me. She looked too excited for this. It would feel like a crime to kill the only joy she had received after so many years.

Before I could get any response, my phone rang. Excusing myself, I went inside the room to take the call.

I came back after conversing with the manager of our restaurant and heard them talking. They hadn't noticed me and I too silently stayed behind so that they could talk freely. It wouldn't have been possible if I was present there as the topic of discussion was Me.