39- Fight with Tanya for Tanya

Raghav's POV:

My feet kept tapping on the floor, no matter how much I tried to stop. It would stop for a few seconds but soon start again.

'But it's not their fault. What can they do if Tanya is taking so much time? Such things are normal when a person is bored', my subconscious defended my feet.

'Look at my condition. Now I am talking with my subconscious that too over my legs'.

'Feet. We are speaking about feet and not about legs', my subconscious chastised.

'They are also a part of legs', I deadpanned.

Before I could continue to argue more with myself, I heard a loud crash from inside.

I was about to open the door and go inside but I immediately remembered my promise.

"Are you okay?" I yelled from outside.

"I am fine", she answered but the breathlessness in her voice told me that she wasn't fine at all.

"Should I come in?" I questioned, as the thoughts of her being hurt roamed through my mind.

"NO", she shouted, making me step back even though I was nowhere close to her.

"Give me a few more minutes", she requested, sounding a lot calmer than before.

"Okay". And the wait continued.

Fortunately, she called me soon or else I would have definitely died out of boredom. It wouldn't have been the case if Rishi was present in his room but that overexcited idiot was still rambling about his marriage, tiring Mom and Dad.

"All good?" I asked as I saw her sitting with a tired face.

"Yeah, I didn't realize that changing clothes while being injured was such a task", she muttered in a low, tired voice.

"Go to sleep", I said.

"What about you?" She asked curiously.

"I will come after clearing the mess", I answered and squatted down to start the work.

After carefully folding and making piles of the clothes accordingly, I looked up to see how and where I could put them.

"Huh?" I was shocked to see Tanya awake.

"Why are you still awake?" I asked, looking at Tanya who was still sitting on the bed, instead of sleeping like I had presumed she would.

"How can I possibly sleep when you are putting my clothes away?" She questioned back with raised eyebrows.

"I am not a creep that you would have to keep a check on my work".

'Seriously, I have never felt so insulted in my whole life. And look at her, instead of being guilty, she is glaring at me'.

"I meant that how can I possibly sleep when you are working so hard? I cannot help you but I can at least keep you company as you work", she explained slowly like I didn't have enough mental capacity to understand.

'Why does this style seem familiar?' My subconscious asked cheekily.

I never knew that my subconscious was Tanya's best friend. Like seriously.

'That's what you get for your attitude. Tit for Tat'.

"Well if you are awake then help me out a little. Where should I put this pile of jeans?" I asked while glancing at the shelves in the upper compartment.

"Put it wherever you want. It doesn't have a specific place", she shrugged.

"No wonder everything fell, the moment I opened the wardrobe", I muttered under my breath.

Shaking my head at her antics, I stood up. While putting the jeans on, I saw a few big brown envelopes stuck between two shelves. Removing and straightening the slightly crumbled envelopes, I was about to put them safely. But then my curiosity won over. Even after knowing it wasn't right, I still opened them.

"Woah!" I exclaimed in surprise as I opened one envelope.

I hurriedly looked through other envelopes too and was shocked beyond my eyes.

"What is it?" Tanya asked from the bed, as she heard my surprised voice. As the door of the wardrobe was half open, I wasn't visible to her.

I waved the papers and the envelope in my hands, after moving back a little so she could see me.

"Oh that", she spoke nonchalantly.

"Oh that? Seriously?"

"How can someone be so nonchalant after seeing such a treasure? These certificates...my goodness...Just how many dance competitions have you won?" I asked, looking at the certificates once again in wonder.

Tanya just smiled softly instead of saying anything.

"I know you mentioned once that you like dancing but I never realized that you were this good", I said, going to sit near her.

"It's quite late. Just put them away and sleep", Tanya spoke, pushing away the topic.

"Ah! I didn't realize that it was a touchy subject. Sorry", I apologized, understanding dawning upon me.

'Surely she must have faced some bad experience with dancing. Why else would her certificates be eating dust? I am such an idiot to bring up this topic'.

A snap of figures brought me out of my thoughts.

"Where were you lost?" Tanya asked with a small laugh.

"You don't have to laugh to reassure me. I am sincerely sorry for bringing a topic that brought pain to you", I apologized.

"Why are you sorry? What pain are you talking about? You spoke about touchy subject too. Relax your over wandering mind.

"Everything is fine. It's just I couldn't get a job as a dance teacher because of what happened with Dad. These certificates don't matter when I have the tag of being a criminal's daughter on my head".

I looked down, not being able to see her smiling face, knowing the pain she was hiding underneath.

Realization came to me like a bullet and I looked up at her with excitement. Tanya looked at me with wide eyes, startled by my behaviour.

"You can try again", I stated with excitement.

"What?"

"You said you couldn't get a job because of your dad's name. But now you are married and its my name that goes after yours. You can easily try for a job. Or even better, open an academy. With your skills, I am sure it won't take time for the academy to reach success".

So many ideas had already started in my mind. But her next words just ruined my excitement.

"Opening an academy needs a lot of money. I am already in too much debt to ask for more money from you and I don't have any other source. Just let it go", saying this she laid down and turned her face away.

I wasn't going to let her end this conversation like this. I shook her shoulders until she got tired of my antics and faced me.

"What?! She looked at me with annoyance.

"You aren't indebted to me. We are now a family. My money is yours too".

"Please Raghav, don't fight me on this", she pleaded.

'I am sorry Tanya but I cannot give up like this'.

It wasn't like I had any problem with her being a housewife. But only if she wanted to be one. I saw the yearning in her eyes when she spoke about not finding a job.

I was going to make Tanya work for her dream. Even if I had to fight with Tanya for Tanya's own self.