Chapter 10: I hope

"MY FUCKING EX, REALLY??" I hear from downstairs. I throw on a t-shirt and run downstairs to find Luke screaming at Reggie.

"What's wrong Luke? Huh? Are you mad because I kissed her and touched her and for one second she wasn't all over you. Does that make you mad?" Reggie says getting up in his face. I stand there in shock, not sure what to do. Clearly neither of them have noticed me and i'm actually kind of afraid to move.

"or Are you mad because she kissed be back? I mean she's pretty hot, maybe i'll just-

"Don't you even dare" Luke growls at him.

"I bet she'd love a man who could take care of her" Reggie says, smirking. God, he's taunting him. Without another word, Luke balls his fist and punches Reggie in the face. They start fighting, punched flying everywhere as they roll around on the ground. They are yelling but I can't understand a word. Reggie is flat on the ground and Luke pins him down, keeping him that way. Luke punches and punches and punches him. My brain finally takes over for my body and i grab Luke's shoulders, trying my best to pull him.

Finally, i actually say something.

"Luke stop, please" I say into his ear, wrapping my arm around him and pulling back. He lets Reggie go and stands up. Alex helps Reggie up and goes into the downstairs bathroom.

"come on" I mumble at Luke, taking his bruise hand and dragging him upstairs. He doesn't say anything, just follows me. We go into the bathroom and i tell him to sit down. He does just that, sitting on the edge of the counter.

"what were you thinking Luke?" I snap, grabbing all the supplies. I'm so angry with him right now, what the hell was going through his mind?

"I wasn't"

"No shit. God Luke, He's your best friend. You could have hurt him"

"best friends don't kiss the girl you love. He messed up just as much as i did"

the love part pings my heart but I ignore it.

"Need i remind you that you started it"

"He started it when he started talking about you like that. If he had even tried anything like that, i swear i would-

"Do nothing because that would and will never happen. You overreacted, at least admit that"

"maybe you are right but still" I roll my eyes, grabbing his hand. I put some stuff on it to help with the bruises and swelling.

"Oww" He whines, jerking his hand back. I pull his hand back and wrap it up. My hands linger around his and I look up at him. Our eyes meet and my heart starts to beat out of my chest.

He leans closer and so do I, anticipation building in my chest. Then someone screams my name, making reality set it. I pull back, quickly dropping his hand and run downstairs. I reach Alex and finally take a breath.

"Everything okay?" He ask, setting a hand on my back.

"yeah totally, where's Reggie?"

" I sent him back to the hotel, he's gonna stay there tonight"

"Okay, I'm really sorry about this"

"oh Julie, they've been fighting over girls since forever"

Luke comes down the stairs. I move away a little and cross my arms over my chest.

"he's not wrong, we have at that. Reggie usually wins but not this time" He says. Alex looks at me and I feel my heart rise with hope.

We all stand there in silence, I mean I'm not sure where we should take this conversation.