Chapter 13: adore you

I finally leave my room in a happy mood. For the first time in forever, I feel okay. My heart doesn't hurt as much, I don't feel as sad. I finally feel like everything is gonna be okay.

I go downstairs and to my surprise, I'm the first one up. I decide what nicer to do then make them breakfast. They've been so caring since everything.

I grab eggs, bacon, and pancake mix. I start cooking and put on some jams.

* cue one direction*

"Oh! Mija!" My mom says, coming from downstairs. She comes over to me and kisses my head.

"What's going on here?" She ask, setting her hand on her hip.

"Just making y'all breakfast. Todays a good day"

"I'm glad to have my sweet girl back" she says, kissing my head again. She goes over to the coffee maker and starts it, mama's gotta have her coffee. Soon Dad comes down, a similar conversation accruing with him. Finally, after everyone else is down and the food is ready, Carlos finally emerges.

It's a Saturday, I don't blame him for sleeping in.

He sits down at the table and I smile looking at everyone. It's my family (minus Carrie of course)

"Mija, come on. Let's eat!" My dad exclaims.

Once we've finished eating, I go back upstairs and pick out an outfit. I'm not letting another great day slip away.

"Hey, could I take Carlos out today? I haven't gotten to spend time with him in a while" I ask, once I'm back downstairs

"Hey, could I take Carlos out today? I haven't gotten to spend time with him in a while" I ask, once I'm back downstairs. My dad smiles and so does Carlos.

"Of course you can Mija. You guys have lots of fun" My mom says, coming over and kissing my head.

I look over and see Carlos scarfing down his breakfast.

"Hey dude, remember to chew" I joke, ruffling his hair. He pushes my hands away and chugs his juice.

"Where are we gonna go?" He ask, looking up at me.

"Wherever you want" I smile. He lips pinch into a smile and he jumps from the table.

"Could- could we go to the beach?" He ask.

"Umm yes! I love the beach!" I exclaim. The youngster runs upstairs, so fast I'm not sure he's even touching the steps. I follow behind slowly and switch into a bathing suit then put my clothes back on as they were.

Once he's ready, I grab my bag and phone and we head out. He jumps in the front seat and I look at him for a moment. I feel guilty, I've been so neglectful of him. I mean he's my brother and I've been so caught up in my problems that I don't know what's even going on with him.

As I drive, Carlos sticks his head out the window. The wind flies through his hair and his curls bounce.

"I missed you kiddo" I say, turning into the parking by the beach.