nineteen

Ellie Webber

Ellie Webber

There are many things in life that people can't prepare you for.

For most, it's the day the training wheels come off of their bicycles.

Or, the first time you have a brain freeze when you eat ice cream.

We go through so many phases in our life that we just aren't shocked anymore. I had been shocked a lot in life. Not by training wheels, not by brain freeze but by him.

The thing life couldn't prepare me for was Penn State's golden boy standing in front of me with his hands out. I couldn't help but look everywhere else as he chugged the last of whatever was in his red solo cup. Beer? Straight vodka? I don't know but he was looking at me like he needed a meal to go with his drink.

And I was the only thing edible at the moment.

"Come on Edible Ellie," He mumbled, nudging my hand with his as I heard Sloane let out a chuckle from behind me.

Of course, Edible Ellie.

I remember when we met and he called me that for the first time.

"He's not going to touch you, I promise you," Sloane muttered as she moved the hair on my neck to the side placing a quick kiss on it before waiting for me to make my first move. And it was like everyone was waiting for me to follow him.

Or take his hand.

But he was looking at me with eyes in ways that he hadn't for a while.

And I didn't want to go through what he had put me through the last time we were alone together.

"Uh—no? Put those hands on your dick, Joseph. You're not touching my baby sister." I bit my lip as Penn interjected. He was five feet away from us, talking to a group of girls but he never took his eyes off of me.

As I said, he cared about me when he wanted to.

I bit my lip as my brother took a step forward, Reese's eyes met mine as I gave him an anxious look. The crowd that was once minding their business was now somewhat staring at us. The party had died down and most people were now in the living room and dining room.