fifty-five

Ellie Webber

Ellie Webber

    After the plane landed, Reese's red Silverado was on its way– Monty of course the driver. The shiny truck looked like it had just been washed, waxed, and good enough for a car show. "That's my other baby," Reese muttered as Monty slowly approached us.

Other baby.

I rolled my eyes at his slight flirtation. He was tempting. So tempting that I wanted to smack the temptation out of him. "You wanna drive my truck one day?" He nudged me as I perked up an eyebrow.

"You'd let me drive your truck?" I asked in shock as the bright red vehicle parked in front of us. Monty rolled down his window. Reese smirked down at me and whispered. "Webber I would let you drive and take control of a lot of things. You wouldn't even have to look at me with your pretty blue eyes and ask."

My cheeks were red. Redder than the truck that was sitting in front of us.

"Ellie Webber!" I couldn't help the large smile on my face as Monty shouted my name, grinning ear to ear. "Ellie Webber! How are you, pretty girl?" I shrugged as I walked up to the truck, reaching for the door handle.

"Reese, you look like shit." Reese grimaced at Monty's words while smacking my hand away from the door handle. "Thanks, gummy, you really know how to make a man feel good about himself."

"Watch your words. You are freshly a man, you were just a boy a month ago." Reese opened the truck door for me while Monty spoke. "My girl Ellie Webber turned you into a man. Your balls are now dropped."

I couldn't help but snort as I buckled myself into the backseat of the truck. Reese gave me an annoyed look as he was forced to sit up front instead of next to me in the backseat. "Monty, please do not talk about my balls."

Smiling brightly, Reese peaked around the front seat to stare at me. "Backseat of my truck, huh?" I stayed quiet, looking out the window my body engulfed in flames as Reese mentioned the memories from a night just a week ago.

Shivers were sent up my body as he sent me a wink and mouthed the word 'friend' to me.

Yes. He was a friend, Ellie. That is right. A friend who you are starting over with because you deserve to be happy and he makes you happy. I'll be honest, I was going to leave after last night. But then when he saw my scars and he told me about his too– my body, my mind, and my heart wouldn't allow me to leave.