sixty-five

Ellie Webber

Ellie Webber

A week is a noun that references to a complete seven days consisting of 24- hour periods. A week may be referring to those days but to me, those seven days could feel like ages. Especially if your life is as crazy as mine.

Wednesday was the day that everything was slowly climbing back to normal. I attended back to my first normal class since the accident. My brother was staying strictly at my grandparent's house, the ankle monitor wouldn't let him go any farther.

    After class on Wednesday, I was leaving the room where my lecture had just taken place, and low and behold my boyfriend was standing outside, accepting high fives from everyone. He was trying to play the cool guy– I mean he didn't have to play the cool guy, he was already cool– but the way he nodded at everyone he gave him a look, and the way he was leaned up against the wall was comical.

When he saw me, it was like all of the high fives he just gave to people meant nothing. When he saw me, a smile was bright on his face. A full– shit eating grin. Just like everyone else, he nodded at me but instead of standing silently, he spoke. "There's my beautiful girlfriend."

My cheeks turned bright pink as he pushed himself off of the wall he was leaning on.

You know those annoying couples in high school that everyone hated because they made out or had to always show some sign of PDA almost everywhere they went? That couple that always was getting into trouble with the teachers because they couldn't keep their hands off of each other?

That was without a doubt one-hundred- percent Reese and I at that moment.

The crowd was staring at him as he walked towards me in the hallway, he wore the most cheeky grin on his face as he wrapped his arms around me, planting a kiss on my lips and making my body feel like mush.

And although it might have been gross to the millions of people who were just hyping Reese up in the hallway, it was perfect for us. It was perfect for two people who realized that they were the people who watched couples in the hallways makeout while they stood on the sidelines wishing about how they were in that couple's position.