Helen Back Again

(Everest's Outfit)
We sat outside eating lunch when a high-pitched frequency drew my attention above us, Sikowitz, my favorite teacher stood with a microphone trying to get everyone's attention. Seeing that it was not working Jade and I stood, silence immediately followed as they gaze at us.

"Ah Jade and Everest, so sweet and feminine" He stated sarcastically causing us to roll our eyes and sit down "And now, I give you a man who needs no introduction, he was born beside a river in Kentucky, way back in nineteen-" He was cut off as someone grabbed the microphone from him.

"Sikowitz, gimme the mic," The man said.

"Principal Eikner!" Sikowitz shouted before the mic was completely taken away from him, the students cheered as the man faced the masses.

"Students and faculty, it's with a heaving heart that I tell you... that as of today... I'm resigning as principal of Hollywood arts" he announced causing a lot of murmuring to cover the lunch area "Okay, now shhh... please hold your murmurs, it's not that I don't love running this school, I do" he paused "But I've fallen in love with a Tahitian woman, and I want to spend time with her, and her people" Principal Eikner kissed the forehead of woman that appeared at his side, Sikowitz then took her half-eaten banana and left.

In Sikowitz's class, he called Jade and Tori up onto the stage where he instructed them to play a couple and Cat is their baby, their task was to say a happy script angrily. They were in the middle when the door opened and the new principal entered, Tori and Robbie told us about their encounter with the woman before class.

"Excuse me, I hate to interrupt but I'm gonna do it anyway" she greeted "Hello children, Sikowitz".

"Helen," He said with arms crossed.

"Well, I'm just stopping by all the classrooms to say hello, y'know, introduce myself personally, y'know, get a feel for the vibe of the school" she pointed at Robbie when she saw him "Hmm, you see him? That's the spazzy boy whose bike I ran over".

"Heh heh! Spazzy" Rex laughed.

"So, Helen, maybe you'd like to tell the kids a little bit about your... background?" Sikowitz questioned and boy did she, I leaned into Beck's arms as Tori interrupted the woman, then she spot Cat with a binky in her mouth looking oddly comfortable. Then Helen drop the bomb that we had to re-audition to stay in Hollywood Arts, I kind of stopped listening after Tori opened her mouth, only to tune in when Beck tapped me on my arm. Looking up I saw Helen in front of me.

"Ah, I know you" she spoke "Everest West, Hollywood Arts' all-rounded number 1 up and promising student, Principal Eikner, and the staff has told me a lot about you" she smiled "I'll be looking forward to your re-audition".

Later that day Jade and I sat on her bed painting each other's toes as I hummed a rift I made 2 nights ago. I finished with Jay's feet and looked at her as she focused on mine.

"So what are you doing for the audition?" I asked her.

"I'm planning to direct a movie, I have an old script written down from a project, I ended up using another script so I'll use that one" she explained, "What about you?".

"I have this rift stuck in my head for 2 nights but the words won't flow".

"Hey, you got this" she encouraged "You're the top student the school has ever seen, you shine bright when you are performing" she smiled at me "You get that spark in your eyes".

"Spark. Bright" I hummed my rift again "Bright forever" Jay grinned then ran to her desk, she held up my lyrics book and joined me back on the bed.

"I see inspiration struck," she gave a smug smile, I rolled my eyes but got to work.