Everest Get Crushed

Third Person's POV

In the practice room, Andre finished setting up his equipment as Beck entered, picking up something he had left behind.

"Hey man," he greeted Andre.

"Oh hey," Andre responded.

"Evie's not here yet?" Andre had asked Everest to help him finish writing and record a song as his first option Tori was busy getting tutored to take an exam so she could qualify for a class she wanted to be in. 

"Um, about Everest" Andre trailed off fiddling with the keyboard.

"Yeah?" Beck turned to him.

"Look, don't take this the wrong way but... I dunno if she's the right girl to sing my song".

"Why not?".

"I dunno, just.. she scares me" Beck laughed.

"Evie scares you?".

"She scares everybody alright, she's worse than Jade" they were interrupted when the door burst open and Everest came in furious, with a stain on her shirt.

"I am gonna kill him!" she growled.

"What happened?" Beck asked her.

"Sinjin ran into me and made me spill milk all over myself" she motioned to her ruined shirt.

"Okay, okay calm down" Beck tried to de-escalate the situation.

"I'm not gonna calm down" she glared at her boyfriend.

"Okay, you kids have fun" Beck kissed Everest's head then walked out leaving the two together.

"I'm going to get changed" she left and came back in 3 minutes. The two songwriters sat in the room for hours trying to complete the chorus of Andre's song when they decide on a break "Alright, you ever tried this when you were a kid?" she grabbed Andre's hand but he pulled it away unsure of what she was doing.

"Whoa, whoa, whatcha doin'?" he asked skeptically and she rose a brow at him.

"Just give me your hand, don't be a baby" she motioned for his hand.

"Alright, I'm trusting you" Andre hesitantly gave her his hand.

"Yeah, yeah... big mistake" the girl gave him simple instructions which he followed, and at the end, he smiled as he felt tingles in his palm. Andre wanted her to do it again but she reminded him that he had a song to complete, after hearing the impromptu lyrics the male came up with, she helped him by singing the lyrics she had written while listening to the melody of Andre's song "Whatcha think?" she looked at the awestruck teen when she finished "Ya like that?".

"Mmm-hmmm" he mumbled still staring at the dual-haired girl.

(Everest's Outfit)

(Everest's Outfit)

~At the Vega Household~

Tori walked down to her front door and opened it to see Andre in his nightclothes and with a bike, he had a panicked expression on his face, Tori stared at him and invited him in where he confessed that he might be in love with Everest. Tori gave a shocked expression and went to get him something hot to drink, and asked him to tell her what happened the night to make him come to the notion that he was in love with Everest. Andre went into detail about what happened, how he found Everest pretty, and how talented she was, Tori then told him that he couldn't be in love with Everest which he knew as he was on thin ice with Beck already and having a crush on his girl would make the Canadian boy demolish their already straining friendship. Tori then explained that with the stress of completing his song and probably because he was tired, he was running on an emotional high which he agreed to, she then told him to get some sleep and be refreshed for the next day.

Andre greeted Tori at her locker the next day and she immediately asked him how he felt about the topic they discussed the night before, Andre guaranteed her that he felt normal but when he saw Beck and Everest walking towards them, he grew flustered and panicked. During their conversation he spoke oddly and never looked Everest in her eyes or at her face, Tori knew that he still held a crush on the girl and confronted him which made him run away.

Later that day Andre got a text from Tori to meet her at her house, when he arrived he found her dressed as Everest, she explained that it was a simulation to help him get over his feelings for the dual-haired girl, Tori copied Everest's behavior throughout their conversation but her plan to make Andre realize he can't like Everest went south when he leaned in to kiss her. Tori had to hit him with a pillow to knock him out of whatever trance he was in before he kissed her, he apologized and told her he wrote a song about Everest, Tori stared at him in shock before getting the idea that Andre should perform the song for Everest at the Friday Night Concert that the school was hosting. Andre was doubtful at first because Everest's name was in the song repeated and would inform the girl and her boyfriend how he felt but Tori told him to change the name to baby which could be anybody and he finally agreed, the night they went through the lyrics to change the words and Tori lost control of how many time she saw the name, Everest.

The day of the performance came and Andre could be seen casting glances at a dual-haired girl who sat between a charming boy and a raven-haired girl with blue highlights, Tori and Andre were called onto the podium and as they sang Andre's eyes kept going to the girlfriend of his friend, he tried to ignore her presence but as he performs he would subconsciously seek her out and their gaze would meet unknowingly to the female. They finished the song and got applause and cheers from the audience and as they walked off the stage their friends ambushed them with hugs except for Everest, Jade, and Beck.

"That was an amazing performance Andre" Everest commented after everyone settled down, Andre stared at her "I listened to the song you sent me and I'm honored you used my lyrics for the chorus" she held out her hand to him and he hesitantly shook it.

"Let's eat, they have spaghetti tacos" the group exclaimed as they walked away leaving Andre and Tori.

"Everest touched you," she told him, eyeing him to see his reaction.

"Yeah, she did" Andre had a small smile on his face.

"So you okay now? You wonky?" Tori questioned still watching him.

"I'm not sure" he shrugged "It might take me a little while before I know if I..." he was cut off by a brunette.

"Oh my gosh, Andre, that song was so hot," she told him with a smile "Wanna go hang?" she gave a flirtatious look.

"I could hang" he agree and walked off with the girl but then turned back to tori "Everest who?" he questioned softly with a laugh and caught up with the brunette, Tori smiled knowing her friend had gotten over his crush on Everest West.