Chapter 1

"Holly, hun wake up for school." Opening my eyes I see my father. "But whyyy, Dad?" I whine as he pulls me up from my bed, making me sit. "Happy 18th birthday." I groan, "Thanks." He rolls his eyes. "Here, I bought you something." A present floats into my room, I roll my eyes as it floats to me. I smile as I open it. Inside I see a beautiful amathyst necklace. It changes colors as I look at it.

"Oh my lord." My emerald green eyes looks into his light green eyes. "Dad. It's beautiful!" I get up and hug him. He helps me put it on with a smile. "Go get ready for school."

I turn around with a huff, "Dad it's my 18th birthday though." "I don't care." He then leaves my room. I grab some clothes and head into the bathroom, getting in the hot shower. When I was done I got dressed in black skinny jeans with a blood red long sleeved top and some high tops. As I look at myself in the mirror I smile, I had my mothers emerald green eyes, but my fathers hair color and face.

For an 18 year old I was a little short, only reaching 5'5, I had the body shape as my mother, average on everything, average curves. Just enough to show I had them but not so much it stuck out like a sore thumb. Brushing my hair I did a french braid then did some light makeup. Grabbing my bag I walked downstairs, where I smelt my father cooking my favorite breakfast.

Banana pancakes with some chocolate chips. I sat the table as he finsihed cooking. We both started to pile pancakes on our plates, putting som syrup on it and some whip cream I start eating them with a smile on my face. "So we are going to The Teller after school." "Dad, we already know I have powers, it's dangerous to even go." "I know hun, but I can't control that. I got a whisperer while I was cooking." I huff.

"If anyone besides you, Carly and her parents know then we'll have to move. People already are trying to get me. We fight others at least once a week." "I know, but this is the safest place we have for a while." He says to me. I put my elbow on the table, my appitite almost gone now, mist was now in my hand, red, blue, grey, brown, purple, green, white yellow, and orange. I had every power known to this world.

Red- Fire
Blue- Water
Grey- Wind/air
Brown-Earth
Purple- Death
Green- Nature/animals
White- Life
Yellow- Mind
Orange- Body

"Were you listening to me?" My father asks, "Nope." I say honestly as I meet his eyes, "There is a way you can only show one of your powers. Focus on that one as you are with him. The least harmful one is Water." I nod, "So just thave blue mist come out of my hands." "And think all about water." "Are you sure it will work?" "It's something. Now eat."

I start eating as he takes care of everything. When I was done he starts washing the plate. "I have to go meet Carly at her house. Love you see you when I get home." "Love you too hun." I walk out of my small house, neighbors wave and I wave back with a smile. This was a small town I lived in called Carnile Town. There was about 2,300 people in total, so it wasn't that big compared to other places.

When I got to Carly's house I just walked right in. Carly's mom, Laya walks into the living room. She smiles as she sees me. "Hello Holly." "Hi Layla." I set my bag on her couch. "She's in her room." "Thank you." I walk up the stairs and to her room. She wasn't in there, but her closet was open. Walking over I see her getting dressed. "Ello." She jumps as she turns around, dropping the shoes she had.

"God give me a heart attack will ya." "I just did." She rolls her eyes as she puts on her shoes. "Your here sooner then I said." "No, your just late." She looks at her clock. "Shit!" She quickly whips a brush through her hair and then grabs her bag. I head downstairs as she takes an apple. "Bye mom!" "Bye!" We walk out, Carly takes a bite of her food.

"So happy birthday." "Thanks." I laugh, "I almost though you forgot." "How could I we have only been best friends for 14,000 years since we were 4, well I was 4 you were 3." I laugh. "Yeah only. Again, why are we taking college once again?" She huffs, "Exactly. But it keeps my mind off of everything." "Yeah, well you finally turned 18 after waiting 1,000 years." "Yeah."