Chapter 1

'Are you not happy, you have married the woman you love? You should be thankful to me, if it was not for me you would still have been dreaming about her.' Argued Guven. 'what do you think, you have got her closer to me! I am angry with you because you have pushed her away from me even more, there is a mountain now between us' said gediz tapping his hand on the handrail and every clank of the metal of his wedding ring reminded him of the uncertainty that lies ahead of him.

Nare came out after changing her clothes but her face was dark. Gediz could see, that she was dying. Her mournful eyes said it all. He could not muster up the courage to look at her and solace. Today after the signature, he lost the friend, the distance grew further. With lowered eyes he said ' We will declare the marriage, only if you want'

'What do you mean?' interrupted Guven 'no no it should be done as soon as possible'

Nare looked at him with imploring eyes but Gediz cut in ' She has played by your game, give her some time, cant you see how is she suffering'. Nare was speechless as if someone had sealed her mouth. Her mind was dumb as if someone had numbed her. 'come I will leave you home' offered Gediz. Nare took a step ahead but stopped and looked at him. 'Nare' said Gediz dismally. 'I am alright' said Nare. 'Lets go' said Gediz and Nare nodded in agreement.

Nare followed Gediz and sat in his car. Gediz drove her home.

'Will you wait for me' said nare

'Nare, if you don't want anyone to know it for now, so be it.'

' I have said my goodbye to Sancar, wait for me' said Nare unflinchingly. She was trying to stand by her resolve, even though she wanted to run away, far away.

Gediz looked at her astonishingly, he was confused when he looked at her. He could see something was amiss. This was different Nare, he was struggling to understand. He sighed and gave up. And him, he was broke too. He hadn't gathered himself from sahra's death and then this.

'I will wait' and he leaned back on the seat.

Nare went in and gathered her clothes. She packed the bag and put her things in, but she left a lot as well. She went out and locked the door. She gave one last look and sat in the car.

'Where ?'

'your home'

'As you wish' Gediz swivelled the car and drove back home.

The silence in the car was awkward. With the wedding Gediz felt he had lost all right on her. How much he wanted to be with her and now when she is sitting next to him legally, she was most distant. She wasn't as distant as this even when she was fighting him. She wasn't as distant as this even when she held him responsible for selling his friendship.

The car stopped in the front porch of his house with a creak. He got down and so did she, he looked up at the door and said 'mum doesn't know it' she nodded. They both walked together and Gediz opened the door and let her in first.

Refika was sitting in the parlour and drinking her tea. She was instructing her maid when she saw Gediz and was astonished to see Nare. ' Miss. Nare, welcome, but may I know purpose of your visit?'

Nare remained silent. Gediz took charge and walked towards her.

'Mum, have a seat' and he kept his hand on her shoulder and suggested her to sit.

'What is it Gediz?' she was intrigued.

'Mum, I and Nare have married'

'What!' and Refika got up with a jerk. 'You cant do this, how will I show my face to Halise and to everyone. I will be ridiculed and outcast. No Gediz '

'Mum, we are married and that is it'

Nare looked at her blankly and at Gediz. Gediz went to Nare and nudged her to go upstairs. He settled her in the room and came downstairs.

'Gediz, don't you think you have crossed your limits' Refika was blazing with anger. 'The girl was getting married to Sancar, how can she marry you? Sancar is out Gediz'

' I know'

'Then...' she asked

'She married me'

' I have stopped understanding you! We have lost everything'

'I know, and I promise you I will work and recover everything, we have difficult times ahead but give me time'

'I can give you time to rebuild business but how will I face the society? Son, from the time this girl has come into our lives she has created storm'

' After every storm there is a peaceful night, lets pick up our broken pieces and rebuild ourselves, mum' said Gediz definitively. Muge came in the parlour and Gediz cued her to console their wailing mum.

In reality even Gediz was clueless, he was lost in his own forest. Everything and everyone was known and yet he didn't know the next step he took was on firm ground or marshy land. Will he be able to find the ground he was looking for? He always had a way with people, he didn't know whether he had it anymore or not. He was in the deepest abyss, alone. He went up and knocked on the door. In sometime, Nare opened it for him, she stepped back behind the door for him to get in. He lowered his eyes and gestured her to sit on the chair.

Nare sat on the chair, bolt upright, hands tugged closer to her body, looking straight at the sky.

'I don't know where to start from, but few things have to be discussed. We agreed for this decision, I told you its an agreement and I want you to know that I will support you in every decision that you take. As a friend you will always find me standing behind you. We are not going to live easy days ahead. I don't know what we will face but if we stand together, that too will pass. Don't blame yourself for anything, you are not alone in this and this decision is mine too. As long as Sancar is out, I am happy.'

Nare looked at him, from here, he looked resolved but at loss. His gaze fixed at the floor ahead. She has seen the best of this man and worst of this man. She was seeing another aspect of him. Inspite of everything he always maintained his support and belief in her.

'You know I am left with no money, your father is offering me some money for business, I want you to know that'

Nare started to rub her neck nervously with her hand. Mention of her fathers name made her uncomfortable and more so now.

'May be you can consider taking it, what do you want to do?' asked Nare

'I don't know, that's why I asked you?'

' If you avoid taking money from him ..'

' Its possible. There is one more thing, just not to raise any suspicion I will have to share the room with you. Have faith, I will use it for minimum time and try to spend time more away.'

Nare nodded agreeing to it.

There was a knock at the door, Both turned to look it was Muge.

Gediz acknowledged her arrival with nod of his face. Muge got in and turned to Nare and said 'Can I speak to you?'

'Yes sister' said Nare

Gediz asked her 'Is mum alright?'

'yes' answered Muge

Gediz said ' I will see her then' and he left.

Muge asked permission to sit there and said 'Nare, are you alright'

'I don't know, I don't know anything'

'I wanted to let you know, I am here to help and support you. This situation is very difficult for you but me and gediz will be there to support you'

'thanks' said Nare and Muge hugged Nare caressing her back.