chapter 20

Nare drove to efeoglu mansion excited to see her daughter. Melek was waiting for her outside with Elvan. Nare climbed out of the car and Melek seeing her ran towards her. Nare greeted elvan and asked ' how are you elvan?'

'I am fine, how are you?'

'good'

Elvan, by now had accepted nare's decision, but she still was suspicious. She couldn't bear sancar's sadness. She couldn't see his restless nights when he would be at the stable with Gece. Sancar was suffering.

Every night was punishment for him. He had lost trust once again in everyone around. The man's worst fears were true. His only life support was melek. He guarded her fiercely.

Nare took melek with her, she asked her 'should we eat ice cream together'

'mum, are you indulging me'

'yes my lovely, I missed you so much'

'I missed you very much as well'

In the night when melek went off to sleep, gediz called. He told her he has arranged for the fuel contractor. She was surprised but happy. He gave her all the details and told her he would meet her tomorrow and that he has negotiated cost with him. She sounded impressed.

'so nare, I will leave for America tomorrow night, I have a late night flight'

'which flight are you taking'

'do you plan to follow me'

'yes' she said assertively

He smiled 'its virgin atlantic'

'alright'

'I will call you tomorrow before I leave'

'have you packed'

'yes doing that while I am talking to you, besides I am going to stay there at my friends place, he didn't let me book hotel'

'where are you going in America?'

'new york'

'with whom will you stay?'

'I said a friend.'

'name?'

'are you interrogating me?'

'gediz, name of your friend?'

'Can'

'good'

He chuckled. 'what?' asked Nare

'nothing. How is melek?'

'she is good. She was asking for you.'

'kiss her from my side'

'I will'

'ok Nare, so talk to you later. And message me, I am a phone call away. I will send my US no. to you, you can contact me whenever you want. I will call you though'

'ok Gediz, good night'

'to you too'

After long time, Gediz was travelling. At Istanbul airport, when he was in queue for check in, he remembered the first time he saw Nare. When his eyes fell on her he forgot everything for a moment. A young girl, cleverly hiding her nervousness and sporting a confident look. Like nonchalance and fright were playing hide and seek. Accompanied with a child, she held her tightly, drawing courage from her and giving her some in return. They were each other's support. He was talking to Sancar and he forgot, he was mesmerized with her.

He stood there, transported in time. He was brought back by his phone's ringing, on the phone was the woman who he was thinking about.

'gediz, its me'