nine ~ a blast from the past - pt. 2: the college years

Jungkook woke up in a cold sweat

Jungkook woke up in a cold sweat. He could barely sleep the night before, tossing and turning, dreaming about a girl that wasn't you, as you were lying next to him. He didn't mean to and didn't want to, but he did.

The first thing on his mind was Alex. He couldn't stop thinking about why she was here. The meeting at work didn't reveal anything. It was mostly just an introduction to who she was and her role in the company.

The events from the day before replayed like a horror movie in his head. He shook the image and turned to face you, sleeping peacefully, not knowing what a shitty boyfriend he was.

His mind ran rampant, thinking about how you would handle the news - news of him practically feeling up his ex and kissing her back. God--he felt so lousy and lame and pathetic. He'd completely understand if you'd never want to see him again. You'd already gone through so much with U-jin cheating on you, and now, he was no different, was he?

He kept telling himself it was a moment of weakness and poor choices. It was like he was transported back into the mind and body of his 18-year-old self, remembering what it felt like to be with Alex, what it felt like to be wanted and needed.

Jungkook's stomach twisted and turned, his face grimacing as Alex was still at the forefront of his mind. He couldn't tell now if the growing erection in his sweats was because of you or her.

Closing his eyes in hopes of getting rid of his thoughts, he fluttered them open, moving a strand of hair from your face and gently stroking your cheek with his thumb. You looked like a plump baby cherub when you slept, so he thought, chuckling to himself, finding you endearing in the early hours of the morning. Your mouth was slightly agape, with small puffs of air escaping. He could see your eyes slightly moving while still closed. You were probably going to be awake soon.

He wanted to talk to you and explain everything that happened, and he didn't want to keep that from you. He didn't ever want to lie, that wasn't him, but he needed time to figure out what to say.

His phone was tucked underneath the pillow, and he reached for it, checking to see the time. It was early, 6:30 AM. This was a good time to hurry and get up before you did. He needed to get his mind off of everything. He'd leave a note telling you where he was in case you became worried. He couldn't bear to be next to you with keeping what he did with Alex a secret.

The boxing gym was quiet for a Saturday morning. He set his gym bag down on the bench as he opened his locker, which was filled with dust. Jungkook sifted through a few things, searching for the roll of hand wraps. His trainer, Johnny, walked into the locker room, surprised to find Jungkook.

Johnny snickered. "Well, well, well. Look who decided to finally show up. Thought I'd have to come to hunt you down myself."

Jungkook scoffed. "Yeah, yeah, yeah. I've been busy, and I have a life, you know," he said, beginning to wrap his hands. It's been a minute since Jungkook's stepped into the boxing gym - you and work were keeping him busy. But today was different. He needed another outlet to let out all of his pent-up stress.